November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Pacer Pole User Comments ??
Display Avatars Sort By:
Nathan Stuart

Locale: Hunter Valley - Australia
Pacer Pole User Comments ?? on 10/20/2011 03:51:56 MDT Print View

Hi All

Just about to put my Christmas order in for a pair of Carbon Pacer Poles.

Any users or people out there that have tried them.

All comments appreciated, Pros' and Con's.

They seem a good design and I always hike with two poles anyway.

Neil Johnstone
(nsjohnstone) - MLife
Pacer Pole User Comments on 10/20/2011 04:40:45 MDT Print View

You won't regret it!

After a lot of use, the lower sections will get quite chipped and rough, but it has not affected performance and you can buy the lower sections as spares (I have a second set of lowers with Swix floating snow baskets on, as it's simpler to change the sections than get the baskets off!).

Roger B
(rogerb) - MLife

Locale: Here and there
Re: Pacer Pole User Comments ?? on 10/20/2011 05:30:27 MDT Print View

I have used my alloy poles for about 6 years now and they have seen a lot of hard use, after returning from my last trip in Lapland, I had to replace the tips as they were completely worn away, it was an easy job. The alloy poles have stood up well to a lot of abuse and as Niel said the bottom sections are very scratched to the point the markings are no longer visible. Because I use my poles to support my SL2, I prefer alloy. The reasoning for this is because of possible damage on the trail leading to a broken pole e.g. falling etc.

Prior to using Pacer Poles I used REI poles and once I changed I was immediately taken by the usability of the poles with the left and right handles.

I occasionally use the camera mount as well as the snow baskets.