Forum Index » Chaff » "Beer in a Can"

Display Avatars Sort By:
just Justin Whitson
(ArcturusBear)
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Backpackers and IPAs on 03/22/2013 23:29:31 MDT Print View

Not sure if they come in cans or not, but some stouts range to 12%. Ha, so there :P IPA's.

But i don't drink to get drunk--actually i don't like being drunk. Slightly buzzed is more than enough for me, so really i don't care too much about ABV levels in actuality, and despite my mucho Celtic and familial alcoholic heritage, i'm a lightweight for sure.

My very favorites are Oatmeal stouts, all in all.

stefan hoffman
(puckem) - F

Locale: between trees
Crazy Mountain on 04/01/2013 14:03:21 MDT Print View

The big cans like Deviant and Gubna from Oskar are hard to compete with because of their brute strength. But there are more important things....occasionally.

http://crazymountainbrewery.com/#

None of you colorado beer snobs mentioned CRAZY MOUNTAIN!
Crazy Mountain makes an amazingly hoppy amber. Really refreshing, surprising flavor, and not so strong that i cant see straight after 3 rounds of disc golf and a 6 pack++

http://upslopebrewing.com/beer/

AND UPSLOPE BREWING! Highly recommend everything they make. All well balanced and strong in my experience. Even the lager is good in the morning lol. Also just a good lookin set of cans ;)

Randy Nelson
(rlnunix) - F - M

Locale: Rockies
Re; Crazy Mountain on 04/01/2013 16:20:42 MDT Print View

"None of you colorado beer snobs mentioned CRAZY MOUNTAIN!"

That's because it's beneath us.

Seriously though, I've seen it but haven't tried it. Nobody has recommended it to me before. I'll check it out.

I personally don't care much for Upslope. One of my least favorite IPAs. Not hoppy at all.

stefan hoffman
(puckem) - F

Locale: between trees
Re: Re; Crazy Mountain on 04/13/2013 14:57:38 MDT Print View

Well if ALL you want is hoppy then you are hardly the sort of beer snob i am referring to. I would still recommend Crazy Mountain amber though. It is refreshing and isn't so overwhelmingly hoppy that you cant tell its an amber. Just a solid springtime brew with character.

Randy Nelson
(rlnunix) - F - M

Locale: Rockies
Re: "Beer in a can" on 04/13/2013 20:25:43 MDT Print View

"Well if ALL you want is hoppy then you are hardly the sort of beer snob i am referring to."

I can't tell if that is meant as a slam or not, but no matter. I certainly don't consider myself a beer snob anyway. But I know what I like. And I like a variety of ales and lagers. However, when it comes to IPAs, hoppy is not all I want, but lack of hops is a non-starter for me. But hey, DYOB.