Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
enLIGHTened equipment is back with INSANE pricing
Display Avatars Sort By:
Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Locale: Minnesota
Re: prodigy quilts on 01/12/2012 07:37:15 MST Print View

Just sent you an email on that.

I have hired a new guy to build all synthetics. He is almost ready so I am going to run a preorder to allow me to order all the insulation and misc stuff I need to get these back up. Costs will change as my insulation source has changed and the options I can get have changed. I will be working on it over the weekend

-Tim

Tim Haynes
(timalan)

Locale: Mid Atlantic
enLIGHTened equipment is back with INSANE pricing on 01/12/2012 08:53:34 MST Print View

My wife and I got our quilts last week, and they look great. I have never used a quilt, so we went with Long/Wide versions, just to give a little extra room. I'm 5'11", 165#, and personally, I'm glad for the larger quilt, but I toss and turn in my sleep. She's 5'5", 135# and I expect her to double up the foot end of the quilt to help keep her feet warm -- the double down at the feet should address her biggest point of complaint.

What surprised me was how close to a sleeping bag these quilts can be -- with the zipped footbox and the snaps and elastic, you can tuck this almost as tight as a bag if you want to (at least with the wider version). You still couldn't use it without a pad, but I love the versatility.

We're also going to try these as over/underquilts for hammocking.

Great job Tim. Thanks again for the excellent product. We'll post more once we get to field test.

Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Shipping outside US on 01/12/2012 09:45:50 MST Print View

The large flat rate box is smaller than what I ship in. I can try them but I have chosen the 12x12x8 priority box to allow quilts to not be fully compressed, except the 0's they get compressed just to fit.

-Tim

matt dapkus
(mattd) - F

Locale: SE
Ordering on 01/12/2012 11:26:45 MST Print View

Anyone having trouble ordering through Paypal?

Justin Tadych
(oshburg) - M

Locale: Midwest
Ordering on 01/12/2012 12:47:38 MST Print View

I just ordered a zero degree on Sunday. Paypal worked fine for me.

matt dapkus
(mattd) - F

Locale: SE
Paypal on 01/12/2012 13:47:09 MST Print View

Hmm. Trying to work it out with Tim. He has been extremely responsive with this matter.

Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Re: enLIGHTened equipment is back with INSANE pricing on 01/12/2012 18:46:16 MST Print View

just added a 30* option to the lineup

-Tim

Konrad .
(Konrad1013) - MLife
Weight difference between materials on 01/13/2012 10:08:57 MST Print View

Tim, it looks like the spec charts list the weight being the same between the momentum models and the 1.1oz ripstop models. Is that correct?

Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Re: Weight difference between materials on 01/13/2012 10:24:54 MST Print View

Yeah momentum weighs basically 1.1 (1.05) so the weights are a wash. The M90 is much nicer against the skin and much more wind/water resistant which is why we don't just use 1.1

-Tim

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Re: Re: prodigy quilts on 04/13/2012 12:16:31 MDT Print View

BOOYAH - just got my shipping notification. I must say, way before I expected to get it.

Thanks Tim!!!!

Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: prodigy quilts on 04/13/2012 12:27:29 MDT Print View

That's what we're going for.

Michael Levine
(Trout) - F

Locale: Long Beach
enLIGHTened equipment is back with INSANE pricing on 04/13/2012 13:22:34 MDT Print View

If I were you I'd contract out to a web designer or programmer to fix your website up a bit. When switching a quilt ordering option from 6' to 6'6" for example, I want to see the weight of the option I just selected. It shouldn't be super involved, but it is something that I think ought to be there.

I'm not interested in a new quilt, just browsing your site. Good to hear you're getting up and running =)

Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Re: enLIGHTened equipment is back with INSANE pricing on 04/13/2012 13:36:22 MDT Print View

The weights are all listed in the tables at the bottom of each product page.

We are working on an update but I haven't got my hands on it yet. Tomorrow!

-Tim

David Goodyear
(dmgoody) - MLife

Locale: mid-west
wow, awesome quilt on 05/10/2012 21:36:45 MDT Print View

Thanks Tim,

Just got the monster quilt you made for me. It will be a perfect addition to my winter sleep system and by itself a good shoulder season quilt. Thanks for all of the quick responses to my e-mails and the fast delivery time. I didn't expect it for a while yet.

Dave

Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Re: wow, awesome quilt on 05/10/2012 22:26:55 MDT Print View

We're working hard to bring the times down. Sometimes we get there :)

-Tim

Dave Lame
(dmjjpy) - F
Very nice quilt but on 05/15/2012 11:00:51 MDT Print View

I found out that quilts are not my thing. I have a green wide Revelation X 6'6" 0degree for sale.

Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Re: Very nice quilt but on 05/15/2012 11:05:45 MDT Print View

Bummer

Dave Lame
(dmjjpy) - F
Re: Very nice quilt but on 05/15/2012 12:01:06 MDT Print View

Tim, I am bummed. You make a very good product.

Tim Marshall
(MarshLaw303) - MLife

Re: Re: Very nice quilt but on 05/15/2012 12:10:55 MDT Print View

What is the reason you don't like quilts? I'm curious.

-Tim

USA Duane Hall
(hikerduane) - F

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
Verification of temp rating for 30 degree bag on 05/17/2012 11:22:46 MDT Print View

Tim, quilt owners,
Any feedback on temp ratings for the quilts or do you go by loft/amount of down? I really want to save a tad more weight this summer, but would need to move here pretty soon for use in the Sierra where I live. I'm only looking for the 30 degree quilt, no overfill, if it is truely good to 30. I would love to get it overfilled, but I'm looking to shave a few ozs. from my WM 24 oz bag which is why no overfill. It would be sweet to get a quilt, good down to the 20's but gotta go with losing weight. I can always pull my jacket/vest on if it gets colder. Thank you.
Duane