Forum Index » Gear Swap » FS: MLD Cuben Duomid, Bearpaw WD Custom Inner, MLD Trailstar, Big Agnes Copper Spur III

Display Avatars Sort By:
Robert Burke
(coastiebob) - MLife

Locale: Wishing I was Backpacking
FS: MLD Cuben Duomid (Sold), Bearpaw WD Custom Inner, MLD Trailstar (Sold), Big Agnes Copper Spur III (Sold) on 10/06/2011 12:20:36 MDT Print View

It pains me to sell this stuff, and all of it is in excellent condition, but sadly I must sell all. All equipment has been babied and has no rips, tears, holes, etc. Everything includes shipping. All will ship on Tuesday the 11th via 2 day air so you will receive it next Thursday the 13th.

Cuben Duomid
The Cuben Duomid is a magnificent piece of equipment. I have used it as my winter shelter for 3 nights. It was delicately seam sealed and tested in the back yard. It arrived Jan/Feb 2011. I am 6'4" and fit very well. New $405 plus shipping. My price $390 including shipping.

BPWD Inner inside Trailstar
Inner with Cuben Duomid
I bought the Bearpaw Wilderness Designs custom inner to be used with both my Duomid in winter and Trailstar the rest of the time. I bought it so my wife would go with me. The inner has a .74 Cuben floor, silnylon 10" up the sides, and has one end of silnylon up the side to use with the open end of the Trailstar. It is a long version 96" as I am a tall guy. Frankly, it is awesome! Arrived spring 2010. Paid $252. My price - $200 including shipping.

Trailstar at the Sawtooths

The MLD Trailstar is my favorite piece of gear and my go to for the trail. I have used it 10 nights in the Sawtooths, the Cascades, the Coeur d'Alene's and Dolly Sods. Do not want to sell it, but was told I must. I bought it slightly used and the seam sealing is a little heavier than I would apply, but is thorough. New- $169 plus shipping. My price $150 including shipping.

Copper Spur III in action w/o fly
The Copper Spur III has been used 6 nights and is in excellent condition. The beauty of this tent is the ease of setup and roominess for the weight. It fits two 6'4" guys with room to spare and 3 normal size people. I have sat out an absolute deluge that flooded the tents of my two hiking partners. It includes the ground cloth and gear loft. Paid a lot for this. Would like $300 including shipping.

I would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Edited by coastiebob on 10/09/2011 19:59:00 MDT.

Pat Rabun
(prabun) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
Duo, inner, Trailstar on 10/06/2011 13:09:12 MDT Print View

PM sent. Thanks

Terry G
(delvxe) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re on 10/06/2011 13:13:21 MDT Print View

pm send on trailstar

Stephen Barber
(grampa) - MLife

Locale: SoCal
Duomid on 10/06/2011 14:34:58 MDT Print View

I'll take the Duomid if Pat doesn't!

Robert Burke
(coastiebob) - MLife

Apologize about not back to PM's on 10/06/2011 23:48:33 MDT Print View

Hey all, I got called out on the road and haven't had a chance to respond as I would like. I will try and reply to all tomorrow. Thank you for your patience and interest. Sincerely, Bob Burke

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Locale: The Great Lakes Bay Region
PM on 10/07/2011 01:56:39 MDT Print View

Hi Robert,

I have sent you a PM also.

Cheers,

Stephenn

mark jernigan
(pepkbell) - F
trailside on 10/07/2011 07:16:56 MDT Print View

How much does ts weigh.is a one man or two

Robert Burke
(coastiebob) - MLife

All PM's Replied To on 10/08/2011 06:41:14 MDT Print View

Thank you all very much for your patience. I have responded to all PM's.

Mark,

The Trailstar can either be a one or two person piece of gear. With stuff sack and lines, mine weighs in at 19.4 ounces. While heavier than a SpinnTwinn or Grace tarp, I love this Trailstar because of it's versatility.

I have used it solo with a bivy if I think the bugs will be bad or if it will be cool. If no bugs, I usually just pitch it, throw down my pad, and watch the world go by. If my wife comes with me, I have used the innernet. It is very roomy for one as you can spread out all of your gear right next to you. For two, there is still plenty of room for both and gear, but you can't just strew about all of your gear like I am want to do on a solo trip.

The Trailstar is absolutely bomb proof in tough driving rain. For those who have questions about the Trailstar, I highly recommend reading Colin Ibbotson's review here: http://www.andyhowell.info/Colin-Ibbotson/Trailstar-review.html You can see by the photos, Colin pitches his a little closer to the ground than I do, but in his defense, my weather has almost always been better.

I have four pieces of gear from Ron Bell and MLD. All are very well thought out and well put together. This one is no exception.

Bob Burke

John Abela
(JohnAbela) - MLife

Locale: www.hikelighter.com
Re: FS: MLD Cuben Duomid, Bearpaw WD Custom Inner, MLD Trailstar, Big Agnes Copper Spur III on 10/08/2011 08:10:54 MDT Print View

Please let us know what is still left - would like to be in line for the CF DuoMid.

Mark Jones
(hibisk55) - M

Locale: The Back of Beyond
Re: FS: MLD Cuben Duomid, Bearpaw WD Custom Inner, MLD Trailstar, Big Agnes Copper Spur III on 10/08/2011 08:15:52 MDT Print View

Robert,

What is the color of the Duomid? Thank you.

Ceph Lotus
(Cephalotus) - MLife

Locale: California
Bearpaw innernet on 10/08/2011 14:14:05 MDT Print View

Robert,

If I'm reading your photos correctly, there are 2 doors on the innernet? Also, how would you rate its .74 cuben floor for durability? I've noticed in one of your photos, you're using a large groundsheet under it.

Robert Burke
(coastiebob) - MLife

Innernet Info on 10/09/2011 05:54:56 MDT Print View

Cephus,

The Cuben is very durable, but I like to baby my gear and keep it clean. Hence the ground cloth in the example. The innernet actually has three openings. Left, right, and front for Trailstar use. Unique design. The front has the sil to the top in case it is awful weather and you need to reef down the Trailstar sides. A lot of times when it is good weather, I will pitch the Trailstar sides high using my wife's poles and then use the side exits.

Bob Burke