Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Stoic Hadron?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Chris W
(simplespirit) - MLife

Locale: .
Re: Wrist Cuff Comparison on 11/06/2011 05:37:02 MST Print View

I prefer the sweatshirt style cuff on the Stoic as well.

Chris W
(simplespirit) - MLife

Locale: .
Re: stoic weights on 11/06/2011 05:37:57 MST Print View

My hooded medium is 7.4 oz.

Dave Marcus
(Djrez4) - F

Locale: Rocky Mountains
Re: Re: stoic weights on 11/06/2011 07:53:27 MST Print View

My large was 7.9 oz. The medium shows up tomorrow for size and weight comparison.

Also, Stoic claims 2.3 oz of down for the hoody and 2.0 for the cardigan.

Dave Marcus
(Djrez4) - F

Re: Re: Re: stoic weights on 11/07/2011 17:03:44 MST Print View

Medium is 7.4 oz with tags attached. I'll post pictures of both on me for size comparison a bit later.

Dave Marcus
(Djrez4) - F

Re: Re: Re: Re: stoic weights on 11/07/2011 22:27:35 MST Print View

Decided to keep the medium.

Stoic Hadron Anorak M
Medium

Stoic Hadron Anorak L
Large

It's difficult to tell from the pics, but I had about 4" of extra space in the Large in the torso area. I wear a 42 suit and assumed the Large, which Stoic says fits up to 41.6" chest would be the correct size for me. Turns out I was wrong. I recommend sizing down on the Hadron if you like an athletic fit.

Edited by Djrez4 on 11/07/2011 22:40:07 MST.

Emily Hardy
(emilyehardy) - F

Locale: SOUTH WEST
reviews? on 05/28/2012 09:54:50 MDT Print View

Now that you've had the stoic for a while, how do you like it? Still using it? Durable?

Vince Contreras
(pillowthread) - F

Locale: like, in my head???
Good to go... on 05/28/2012 11:57:39 MDT Print View

I'm still loving mine. I open/close the snaps with no special attention, and they are holding up fine...probably 35-ish days of actual use so far. Love the wrist cuffs; as Konrad mentions, they do a stand-up job of keeping the pertex/down away from any sharp/hot things I might have in my hands, while allowing the wrist good range of motion when used in conjunction with gloves.

The Hadron is a keeper; I look forward to wearing it threadbare.

And E
(LunchANDYnner)

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Sorry to resurrect an old thread... on 02/13/2013 16:51:39 MST Print View

Hey, sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I just ordered one off of geartrade and was wondering what temp were you all comfortable wearing this down to sitting around camp and with what layers?

Derek Musashe
(dmusashe) - MLife

How warm is the Hadron Down Anorak? on 09/23/2013 21:17:52 MDT Print View

Well, I'm trying to resurrect this old thread with the same question as An-D:

What temperature will this Hadron Down Anorak keep you comfortable down to? Just trying to figure out how warm it is compared to other UL down jackets. Thanks!

Edited by dmusashe on 09/23/2013 21:23:10 MDT.

Jason Robichaud
(j4design_build) - MLife
Hadron on 09/23/2013 23:29:16 MDT Print View

So the Stoic brand is gone. BC is again branding their stuff as BC. I have the new BC Hadron. It is in dry environments essentially as comfortable in comparable conditions as the UL Parka from MB will be. The lighter weight is probably a bit of less fill weight but in my comparison mostly its functionally from the half zip and kangaroo pocket.

And E
(LunchANDYnner)

Stoic, now back to BC on 09/24/2013 00:30:27 MDT Print View

Woah, didn't realize that started back up with the BC line, yay, more goat! Too bad they got rid of the funky colors. I love my midnight/agave Hadron anorak. I know the vintage/Excalibur was very popular.

Derek Musashe
(dmusashe) - MLife

Hadron warmth on 09/24/2013 02:08:58 MDT Print View

So what are talking about here? Sitting around camp with the Hadron anorak over a baselayer... comfortable to 30 degrees fahrenheit?

Scott Musack
(ScottM) - F

Locale: Oregon
Re: Hadron warmth on 09/24/2013 08:37:44 MDT Print View

I've worn it around camp with a mid-weight wool baselayer and beanie at around 35ish and been comfortable - but right on the edge. If I'm doing camp chores, then I'm very comfortable at near freezing. But just sitting doing nothing, I debate with myself on whether I should add another layer, but never do :)

And E
(LunchANDYnner)

test this year on 09/24/2013 09:59:11 MDT Print View

I bought mine on geartrade in Late February, so haven't really had a chance to test it yet, but plan on doing plenty of trips this winter.

One thing that's interesting is that others have reported the Stoic Hadron Anorak size small as being under 7oz, but mine comes up at 7.4oz on my postal scale (which is accurate, and I have confirmed doing penny weight tests).

Maybe I got more down in mine (one can only hope!!)... The hood does seam very very puffy.

just Justin Whitson
(ArcturusBear)
Re: Re: Hadron warmth on 09/24/2013 18:56:55 MDT Print View

My experience somewhat parallels Scot's. Last time i used it, was early spring at SNP. I was wearing a thin, linen button up shirt, with a windshirt over it (no hat). The low got down to around freezing (a little above i think), and i was more or less comfortable just sitting around when i put the Hadron over these, but occasionally thought maybe i should put another layer on underneath. But i should mention that linen is a very cool fabric to begin with, and provides very little insulation.

If i had had a mid weight wool baselayer or some kind of thermal mid layer on, i would have been completely toasty.

It's definitely not for extreme cold, but for colder situations i have combined it with a warmer baselayer, a thermal mid layer (not too thick though), a warm hat/gloves, and a lightweight down vest.

It's efficient at using what down it does have, because of the hood and the anorak styling. Those are big pluses in my book.

Edited by ArcturusBear on 09/24/2013 23:02:23 MDT.