Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
UL 15-inch saw: the "Little Buck" - about 4 oz
Display Avatars Sort By:
Robert Kelly
(QiWiz) - MLife

Locale: UL gear @ QiWiz.net
UL 15-inch saw: the "Little Buck" - about 4 oz on 10/01/2011 19:26:35 MDT Print View

With winter coming, It's time for the official unveiling of my latest creation, the "Little Buck" Saw. Like my trowels, the Little Buck is amazingly light, weighing just over 4 ounces, including its 15-inch saw blade. This makes it less than half the weight of any other 15 inch saw commercially available, including bow saws, pruning saws, Sawvivor saws, and Sven saws. Most of these weigh at least a half pound more.

You may seldom use a saw, depending on where and when you backpack, and your own preferences. I use my own Little Buck for trail clearing and related trail maintenance and to cut firewood in the winter (when fires are permitted and there’s an existing fire ring). I really like that it can collapse down to a small bundle wrapped in a bandana, and get tucked into my pack side pocket just in case I need it.

Details: It uses three custom aluminum alloy tubes for the structural members, a very high quality Swedish steel saw blade, and 3.5 feet of non-stretch Spectra cord for the tightening windlass (so that after assembly it does not loosen as you use it). It breaks down into a 15 by 2 inch bundle, assembles in less than a minute, and has no stray parts to lose. The saw blade design I’ve chosen works well for both green and dry wood.

The Little Buck is $49, including shipping in the USA. PayPal preferred to robkelly54 at gmail dot com. I have enough materials to make twelve, then we'll see after that.

If you live outside the USA, add an additional $4 for international shipping. I will ship in a sturdy tube and include an illustrated “owners manual”. You know you WANT it ; )

LB2

SPECIAL OFFER UNTIL THE END OF OCTOBER 2011:
Any past or present trowel purchase gives you 10% off
($5) the price of my newest creation, the "Little Buck" saw:
15" blade, about 4 oz! How sweet is that! Can you dig it?

Edited by QiWiz on 10/06/2011 05:05:47 MDT.

Michael Davis
(mad777) - F

Locale: South Florida
Re: UL 15-inch saw: the "Little Buck" - about 4 oz on 10/01/2011 19:53:10 MDT Print View

That is an amazing weight for a saw!

Robert Kelly
(QiWiz) - MLife

Not too late . . . on 10/05/2011 14:26:40 MDT Print View

Six saws of twelve in the first batch are gone or spoken for, but six more are available. The picture shows the typical weight of the saw and the way it forms a small bundle. I use a bandana to roll it up and keep the blade from catching on things. This works well.

littlebuck2

Robert Kelly
(QiWiz) - MLife

Going, going . . . but not yet gone on 10/11/2011 11:31:14 MDT Print View

Four are left. Don't YOU be left without the lightest 15" bucksaw on the planet!

Robert Kelly
(QiWiz) - MLife

Countdown 3-2-1 on 10/17/2011 15:53:50 MDT Print View

Three saws left.
Get one, and no one will be able to say
"you just can't cut it" (and be correct) ; )

Edited by QiWiz on 10/18/2011 09:16:40 MDT.

Robert Kelly
(QiWiz) - MLife

4 days left on special deal !!!! on 10/27/2011 09:25:10 MDT Print View

SPECIAL OFFER UNTIL THE END OF OCTOBER 2011:
Any past or present trowel purchase gives you 10% off
($5) the price of my newest creation, the "Little Buck" saw:
15" blade, about 4 oz! How sweet is that! Can you dig it?