WTB GG Mariposa Plus, SMD Swift or similar
Display Avatars Sort By:
Robert Connor
(bplnole) - F

Locale: N E Fl
WTB GG Mariposa Plus, SMD Swift or similar on 10/01/2011 12:08:01 MDT Print View

Hi all
I am looking for a really light pack for my 11 Y.O. Scout son. He has pack now that weighs 50 oz, so I am trying to get him into one under 30 oz. I would prefer one with stays and his torso is 15", so a small or med. is in order.

Part of Scouts is earning money for your gear, which he has been working hard to do. With this in mind, I'd like to find a good deal for him. I also hope to help the other Scouts and parents see the advantages of going light. So if you have a pack that may fit, and you would like to help out a Scout, shoot me a pm.

Thanks in advance and God bless.
Robert

Robert Connor
(bplnole) - F

up on 10/07/2011 12:52:47 MDT Print View

bump :)

Luke Schmidt
(Cameron) - MLife

Locale: The WOODS
Pack on 11/07/2011 21:58:25 MST Print View

Robert I have two possible ideas if you're still looking.
1. Look for a closeout deal on an extra small pack. Since these are the last to go you might get a good deal.
2. Look for a kid size external frame pack. Not cool I know and some of the newer ones are heavy but my brother had an old one for a while that was about 2 pounds but he carried 60 pounds in it on a training hike. Some of these packs have an adjustable torso which is nice for growing boys. I think you could make the overall pack smaller by cutting off the top of the frame and dropping the bag down lower. My dad might be interested in getting rid of one of his. I can ask if you like.
3. Like I said on the other forum do a search of older gear swap forums and you might find something that hasn't sold yet.

Robert Connor
(bplnole) - F

Thanks- found one. on 11/08/2011 04:44:11 MST Print View

Luke
Thanks for the good advice. I did find a used MP+ here that he really likes. Gear Swap is a great resource.