WTB Leki Carbon Makalu single trekking pole.
Display Avatars Sort By:
Kate Hoch
(digibling) - F

Locale: Pennsylvania
WTB Leki Carbon Makalu single trekking pole. on 09/30/2011 14:39:51 MDT Print View

It's a long shot, but does anyone else have a single one of these poles they are willing to sell? A river crossing in Yosemite ate one of my pair. Leki doesn't seem to make this setup anymore (carbon, adjustable, twist lock, no shocks), but I loved these poles and haven't yet found a suitable replacement.

leki pole

leki pole 2

Jennifer McFarlane
(JennyMcFarlane) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
trekking pole on 10/02/2011 18:57:55 MDT Print View

Have you looked at Leki Luau? Sort of similar
On sale right now on STP
12.5 ounces for my pair

Kate Hoch
(digibling) - F

Locale: Pennsylvania
Re: trekking pole on 10/03/2011 10:15:15 MDT Print View

Thanks for the suggestion. Are yours pretty stiff? I tried some aluminum poles and I didn't like how much they flexed, but they were Black Diamond Z-poles, so it might have been the z-pole design, not the aluminum.

Rick Dreher
(halfturbo) - MLife

Locale: Northernish California
Re: WTB Leki Carbon Makalu single trekking pole. on 10/03/2011 10:29:27 MDT Print View

Hi Kate,

Sorry to hear of your mishap. There's a nearly new one somewhere in Lyons Creek in Desolation Wilderness, California if you're up to the search. I lost one there but was fortunate enough to get a replacement at that time. You need a vaction, right? ;-)

Cheers,

Rick

Juliana Cho
(choyoyo) - M
call up leki? on 10/03/2011 14:57:55 MDT Print View

Hi Kate,

Have you tried out the speedlock version of your pole that they still sell? It weighs about a half oz more per pole, but I like it better because I've never had slipping unlike the twist locks and I find it the same as far as stiffness and swing. I've had both versions.

Also, have you thought about just contacting Leki? They have awesome customer service, and may have parts/used poles lying around that they could put together a pole for you (who knows? maybe they'd even have some of their discontinued makalu poles languishing in a warehouse). Just a thought.