November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
MontBell Sale
Display Avatars Sort By:
Thom Darrah
(thomdarrah) - MLife

Locale: Southern Oregon
MontBell Sale on 09/30/2011 07:12:59 MDT Print View

Backcountry Gear has MontBell items on clearance;

Some popular UL items at 30% off.

Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

Locale: Montana
MB on 09/30/2011 08:09:47 MDT Print View

thanks, but looks like I might have been late to the party- out of stock on the down pants (men's and women's); next time :)

Bryce F.
(bster13) - MLife

Locale: Norwalk, CT
VEST on 09/30/2011 09:35:57 MDT Print View

Ordered the EX Light down vest...thanks very much!

William Zila
(Ultralightwillinn.m) - MLife

Locale: Albuquerque
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! on 09/30/2011 10:03:38 MDT Print View

I missed it ;(

jennifer ross
(jenhifive) - F

Locale: Norcal
Snag it up on 10/01/2011 12:43:54 MDT Print View

Sale is still going on, just out of stock on some items. ACk, they have wm down u.l. inner parka for $122 that I just bought 2 months ago for $175. Darn it. But I snagged up some down u.l. pants for 30% off, it's all about balance.

Do you think if I wear the ex-light with my u.l. it would equal an alpine :)

josh wagner
(StainlessSteel) - F
better on 10/01/2011 13:20:02 MDT Print View

i'd probably be great if you could get a good seal around your neck and waist. there'd likely be a nice pocket of dead airspace in between the 2 down layers...

Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

Locale: Montana
Re: Snag it up on 10/01/2011 19:24:30 MDT Print View

Jen- you must be leading a charmed life, when I went to the site a couple of days ago it showed out of stock for men's and women's down pants :)

jennifer ross
(jenhifive) - F

Locale: Norcal
Re: montbell sale on 10/07/2011 21:57:47 MDT Print View

Sorry Mike, I was just looking for the pants on nextag about a week prior to this post and that was where I ended up. I didn't know it was a big sale, sorry I didn't post it earlier.

I did get the Ex light after my other post for "just in case it gets cold" trips and will wear it under my u.l. parka when I expect it to be really cold. With both layers it's quite comfortable, can't wait to try it out. I searched everywhere for a u.l. fleece and couldn't find anything close. The ex light weighs just a bit more than my 150 wool long sleeved shirt.

Edited by jenhifive on 10/07/2011 21:58:18 MDT.