Forum Index » Chaff » Amazing Race tv show

Display Avatars Sort By:
Terry Trimble
(socal-nomad) - F

Locale: North San Diego county
Amazing Race tv show on 09/27/2011 13:14:30 MDT Print View

I was watching the Amazing Race on ABC network sunday night. It pretty funny it a 1 hour running Osprey ad all the contestant are using talon series or atomos series of Osprey packs.
The way some of the contestant are running through China on sunday show with no hip belts attached. I am guessing they have 2 liter water bladder and a jacket and rain gear and maybe some food.I hazard a guess the rest of the pack is full packing peanuts to fill the pack up so the product looks good. What do you think?
Terry

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: Amazing Race tv show on 09/27/2011 13:35:33 MDT Print View

I often wondered what they all carried. I've seen the show only a couple of times so I'm not sure if they have everything they need for the race minus food, water, and shelter.

Eric Lundquist
(cobberman) - F - M

Locale: Dry side of the Eastern Sierra's
Re: Amazing Race tv show on 09/27/2011 13:39:06 MDT Print View

I frequently watch the gear they are either given or gear they choose. I think I saw some Gregory packs though too Terry. If the show was providing shelter then I don't see why they all couldn't be in the SUL crowd. We need to get a member on the show next season. With all the runnin about they do, a SUL pack would make a huge difference.

Jeff Fox
(jeffbfox) - F
Re: Amazing Race tv show on 09/28/2011 09:26:55 MDT Print View

Terry,
Just an FYI on the backpacks used in the Amazing Race. I work in the marketing department at Osprey Packs and we don't supply the show or contestants with any packs or discounts,etc.. To the best of my knowledge the contestants are given a certain amount of credit to spend at a major outdoor retailer and they pick their own gear. It is kind of funny to see some of their choices. We love to see Osprey packs on the show but a lot of their choices are probably not the most appropriate for their use. Just didn't want you to think that we were paying to have stuffed packs glorified on the show.

Jeff

Terry Trimble
(socal-nomad) - F

Locale: North San Diego county
Amazing Race tv show on 09/28/2011 12:58:34 MDT Print View

Thank Jeff what's kind of cool is is most of the contestant purchased Osprey packs, Osprey is very popular pack.
Terry

Edited by socal-nomad on 09/28/2011 13:03:21 MDT.