Forum Index » GEAR » Ezy Dose Pill Pouches

Display Avatars Sort By:
Daryl Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth
Ezy Dose Pill Pouches on 09/25/2011 09:44:26 MDT Print View

I recently bought a package of Ezy Dose Pill Pouches and am finding them quite useful for carrying small things (e.g. pills). Fifty of these small ziploc type bags weigh about 1 ounce. I bought mine at a Safeway pharmacy. They were on a rack with pill boxes and similar items.

Here's more info:

PILLS

Edited by lyrad1 on 09/25/2011 09:45:08 MDT.

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Re: Ezy Dose Pill Pouches on 09/25/2011 10:06:00 MDT Print View

I've been using these for a long time.

For food, I carry seasonings or chili paste in them. This is what I use them for most, especially for the chili paste to go in ramen/noodles.

In my FA kit, I carry pills in them.

In my firestarting kit, I have some tinder in one. (I use sticks of jute twine dipped in paraffin; they fit nice in these pouches)

John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: Ezy Dose Pill Pouches on 09/25/2011 10:09:09 MDT Print View

I stopped using them since the ziplock thingy would eventually rip.

Mark Ries
(mtmnmark) - M

Locale: IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Re: Easy disposible pill pouches on 09/25/2011 10:43:38 MDT Print View

I like mine for the above reasons and toothpaste also spices,salt, pepper and for fish lemon pepper and grillmate seasonings the tops do like to tear off but they are light and a couple extra are worth packing

Ken K
(TheFatBoy) - F

Locale: St. Louis
Re: Re: Ezy Dose Pill Pouches on 09/25/2011 10:58:32 MDT Print View

>> I stopped using them since the ziplock thingy would eventually rip.

I've had this problem, too. Thankfully, it's never resulted in catastrophic failure (ugly mess in a pack).

Did you find a better option?

John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: Re: Re: Ezy Dose Pill Pouches on 09/25/2011 11:08:12 MDT Print View

Ken, the only thing I was using them for was medications. Since I only take a few different meds (tylenol, ibuprofen, benadryl) I throw them all in the smallest pill container I can find and call it a day : ).

If I were using them for spices, maybe I would add packing tape to the periphery to prevent failure, or be more careful in opening the ziplock.

Don Amundson
(amrowinc) - M

Locale: Southern California
EzyDose Pill Bags on 09/25/2011 11:30:09 MDT Print View

I recently bought a new supply of these from my local pharmacy and was disappointed to find they were of a lighter weight plastic than the ones I've had before. I never had a problem with the heavier bags zip lock ripping but I think the current lighter ones will have that issue. Like with anything a little care is in order. I do like the size, especially for carrying pills--hmmm, that's what they're for anyway.

Don

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Locale: East Bay
EZ Dose Pill Pouches on 09/25/2011 11:47:11 MDT Print View

+1 Here!

I use them to hold a book of matches & fire starters, Advil's and spices for cooking. I have never had problems w/ the zip-lock closure.

Edited by Creachen on 09/25/2011 15:08:51 MDT.

Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

Locale: Montana
fleabay on 09/25/2011 14:57:54 MDT Print View

I bought an assortment (100 of each) 2 mil "ziplocks"- came w/ 2x2, 2x3, 3x3, 3x4 and 3x5- never had a problem w/ the seals- far from bombproof, but for meds, matches, tinder, spices, etc they are very handy

Mary D
(hikinggranny) - MLife

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge
Tiny ziplocks on 09/25/2011 15:26:52 MDT Print View

You can buy many different sizes of these small ziplock bags at your local crafts store. They'll usually be somewhere near the beads. I use them for pills and many other small items. No trouble with the zipper on these.

Edited by hikinggranny on 09/25/2011 15:28:14 MDT.

Derek Kind
(berethorn)
Re: Ezy Dose Pill Pouches on 09/25/2011 15:51:38 MDT Print View

These are great, best way to organize pills I've found, and I'm sure they're useful for spices and foodstuffs as well. Put a few of these in a slightly bigger ziplock along with bandaids/etc for a very compact first aid kit. Sure beats using those mini bottles. :)

David Lutz
(davidlutz)

Locale: Bay Area
"Ezy Dose Pill Pouches" on 09/25/2011 16:18:23 MDT Print View

Also in the craft section at WalMart.........

Tim Drescher
(timdcy) - M

Locale: Gore Range
If you want to go even smaller on 08/06/2012 06:59:59 MDT Print View

I don’t know how comfortable folks are here about walking into head shops, but I finally found the smallest zip-lock bags I’ve ever seen. I was told before you could find them in a jewelry shop, but my local head shop was the first place I’ve been able to secure these 1 1/2” x 1 ½” baggies. The Marlboro Red kid working the front counter told me they were called “gram bags”. I decided to go with the red bulldog logos. It was either that or the 8-ball, or the classic naked woman silhouette dotted on the outside. I paid $6.00 for a pack of 100. I use them for pills, dry spices, fire starter, etc…

Mini Zips

This is the only place I’ve been able to find them, but maybe Anna will follow this up with an 8 year old BPL thread, or a link to someone selling them on Ebay.

michael levi
(M.L) - F

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles
. on 08/06/2012 08:52:37 MDT Print View

There's nothing wrong with smoking weed, but to some there is. Nice find.

Tim Drescher
(timdcy) - M

Locale: Gore Range
Re: . on 08/06/2012 09:39:54 MDT Print View

"There's nothing wrong with smoking weed, but to some there is. Nice find."

Been there, done that... I still enjoy walking into a quality head/pot shop from time to time though.

Hart -
(backpackerchick) - MLife

Locale: Planet Earth
Warning: Changed Product on 07/07/2013 22:55:17 MDT Print View

These were a pretty good find. However, more recently, the company has switched to a very light weight plastic. The old ones eventually ripped as someone above noted; the new version tends to rip the first time you unzip them.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
arbitrary size zip bags on 07/07/2013 23:01:16 MDT Print View

If you have a vacuum bag sealer, you can make any size you want out of regular zip bags

David Thomas
(DavidinKenai) - MLife

Locale: North Woods. Far North.
Re: arbitrary size zip bags on 07/08/2013 00:34:22 MDT Print View

>"If you have a vacuum bag sealer, you can make any size you want out of regular zip bags"

I was pretty sure that was true, but didn't want to say since I'd never done it. We are, as Alaskans, are statutorially required to have 2 operating plus one inoperable vac-packer at all times.

Plan ahead and you can make 2 to 4 out of a single, larger ziplock. And you can choose between sandwich-bag, regular- or freezer-weight bags.

For stuff I DON'T plan on using (first aid supplies, the extra backup toilet paper, or fire-starting supplies (in my life jacket while boating and flying in small planes), I actually vac-pack them. Makes it small, waterproof and the material is tougher than ziplock bags.

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: Re: arbitrary size zip bags on 07/08/2013 07:41:08 MDT Print View

I don't know how well the thinner bags work, might just make a mess

Freezer bags - you have to let them sit there to cool a moment

You have to play with it a little, not really designed for those bag

the bags that come with it work better

KEN LARSON
(KENLARSON) - MLife

Locale: Western Michigan
2" x 2" x 2 mil Reclosable Bags on 07/08/2013 10:21:51 MDT Print View

Have been using these for years and the product cost is reasonable.....1000 @ $4.71 +

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=42307&catid=883&clickid=searchresults