Forum Index » GEAR » Camp-tek Microburst?

Display Avatars Sort By:
Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Re: Camp-tek Microburst on 01/04/2012 14:33:23 MST Print View

I bought one to see if it really worked. It does, like a charm. It blows up my Stephenson's DAM in no time (couple of minutes, I didn't time it). An added benefit is that the adapter by itself also works to easily deflate the Stephenson's. I'm really liking this little thing.

Larry De La Briandais
(Hitech) - F

Locale: SF Bay Area
BA Leaking at the valve on 01/04/2012 14:36:03 MST Print View

I've had both of my BA IACs leak around the threads of the valve when attempting to inflate them with the instaflator. Worked fine and home but I gave up when "in the field" and blew it up "manually". It seems like the valve needs a little forward pressure to keep the threads from leaking.

Scott Smith
(mrmuddy) - M

Locale: No Cal
Camp-tek Microburst on 01/04/2012 15:30:08 MST Print View

On a related note.. anyone tried one of these on a Kooka Bay Pad ?

That's why I ordered it in the first place ;i.e. if it worked on my wife's BA pad, I'd order up a Kooka Bay..

Based upon the board's feedback ,I can buy into the fact that the BA may be the problem.. However, I ain't going to pop for the Kooka if the Microburst only works on Neo's..

Eric Marcano
(ericm) - M

Locale: Southcentral Texas
Exped on 01/04/2012 20:35:57 MST Print View

I tried it on the Exped Synmat UL 7. I held it against the opening on the "Deflate" side and it worked well. The other option it to pinch the green valve on the "Inflate" side from underneath, fill and then release the valve to prevent air from escaping. Not ideal but extremely fast. About 55 seconds or so with a fresh set of alkaline batteries.

Raymond Estrella
(rayestrella) - MLife

Locale: Northern Minnesota
Write-up on 04/19/2012 07:59:42 MDT Print View

Here is a review I did of it after using it most of the winter.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/MicroburstRay

Stephen Barber
(grampa) - MLife

Locale: SoCal
Cover on 04/19/2012 08:24:34 MDT Print View

The cover of mine doesn't stay closed either. Will Camp-Tec send me a new one?

Other than that, it seems an excellent product.

Raymond Estrella
(rayestrella) - MLife

cover on 04/19/2012 09:00:15 MDT Print View

I would suggest contacting them.

Ryan Wiley
(huskerhiker) - F

Locale: So Cal
Kookabay on 04/19/2012 09:46:16 MDT Print View

Any experiences with auto inflators and kookabay pads. Towards the end of their production they were using a different valve then they were origianally. I have one of each and a neo air. Are any of the options (micro, mini, instaflator, or anything other than my lungs that weighs less than 2.5 oz) suitable for everything I have?

Raymond Estrella
(rayestrella) - MLife

w/ Kooka Bay on 04/20/2012 04:34:03 MDT Print View

With the old style it works great as you just slide the Microburst onto the Kooka's PVC adapter piece. With the new style (like I used this winter with both my pad and pillow) I had to hold it in place as they are both the same OD. That is why there are no pictures of it in use with the Kooka Bay gear, I just did not have an extra arm. ;-)

PIstoo Sherpa
(ferdericb)

Locale: FR
Re: Re: Re: Camp-tek Microburst on 04/28/2012 02:52:49 MDT Print View

Hello!
I just received mine too, it works well but how do you use it to deflate? that would be really nice!

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife
Re: Camp-tek Microburst on 04/28/2012 08:11:09 MDT Print View

Agreed. Reverse would be nice. Neat little device. I just open the deflate valve in the morning. When I hit the ground then it is time to get up.