To Ryan's first question, the GoLite 24 v the Multi-Sport...
I use the 24 on a daily basis, mostly for commuting back and forth to work on my bike. It fits my computer and a change of clothes fairly easily. I also use the 24 for short training hikes or runs, when I throw 10-15 pounds of water and dirty clothes into it just to have some weight on my back. Lastly, I have used th 24 on a number of occasions for SUL overnight/weekend trips. It's just the right size.
Things I love about the 24:
- Load control (excellent)
- Volume (perfect size)
- Durability (I'll carry a few extra ounces for ripstop nylon so that it might last for longer than a race or two)
- Mesh delta fins, shoulder straps, and back pad (breathable, quick dry)
Things that could be improved:
- waist belt pockets (too small)
- back pocket (not as function as it could be for backpacking)
- silicone-impregnated nylon panel between mesh/foam back pads (collects moisture)
The Multi-Sport is the EXACT same as the 24, except it has 2 3L reservoir sleeves. I think the 24 is a better all-around pack, while the Multi-Sport woudl be too big for everyday purposes, but it could be used for a ultralight long-distance trek.
Ryan - Where have you been?