Arcteryx Supply Low?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Charles Henry
(Chuckie_Cheese)

Locale: Arizona and British Columbia
Arcteryx Supply Low? on 09/13/2011 10:59:48 MDT Print View

I'm trying to find Arcteryx gear on sale but I can't even find the gear, is there some imbalance in supply and demand this year?

Vig S
(vinuneuro) - F
Not just Arcteryx on 09/13/2011 11:03:51 MDT Print View

I'm seeing that with a lot of companies. I think '10 stuff is on its way out and '11 stuff isn't in stock yet. Unfortunately it seems like the good Arcteryx deals were sold out by a a month or so ago.

eric chan
(bearbreeder) - F
KFC on 09/13/2011 11:16:41 MDT Print View

hit the dead bird store on dollarton in north van

or get some other brand .... unless you MUST have the holy bird for some reason

if you really want dead bird, there are always KFC coupons ;)

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Not just Arcteryx on 09/13/2011 11:32:46 MDT Print View

The retailers are playing it safe (or so they think) by cutting inventories to the bare minimum. I saw that last Spring in the gardening supplies market--- just before getting laid off! I haven't read the latest retail business reports, but my impression is that people are only buying the bare minimum. The fallacy is that you miss sales when you don't have product available.

This economy has to be hard on more luxury-oriented brands like Arcteryx. There you stand in front of the racks at REI, looking for a rain shell. On the way you heard the Dow took another nose dive and they laid off all your counterparts in another city. Are you going to buy the $69 sale Precip or the $400 Arcteryx shell? That rolls down to the store and employees, and the local tax base as well.

Robert Cowman
(rcowman) - F

Locale: Canadian Rockies
Re: Re: Not just Arcteryx on 09/13/2011 12:40:29 MDT Print View

Patagoina said a couple of years ago, that resessions are good for them and make their business grow because they dont make "disposable gear"

Bottom line though, you wont find much arcteryx on sale because they don't want it be to on sale. the professionals get it for a good price and they know people who want the name will pay for it. the people who will only buy it on sale isn't really in their marketing plan or their target customer.

Edited by rcowman on 09/13/2011 12:44:04 MDT.

Andy Schill
(Aschill) - F
Sale on 09/13/2011 12:47:29 MDT Print View

Backcountry.com's outlet had a decent amount of dead bird stuff on sale.

Michael Levine
(Trout) - F

Locale: Long Beach
Arcteryx Supply Low? on 09/13/2011 13:54:33 MDT Print View

I can only comment on their pro-deal thing (and so the company's stock), but they've been stocking far less than they used to.

Charles Henry
(Chuckie_Cheese)

Re: Arcteryx Supply Low? on 10/11/2011 17:56:59 MDT Print View

Thanks for the insight guys.

I like the Gamma MX series jackets for Arcteryx for winter, or hiking/mountaineering at altitude. Also the rampart pants with its super light, fast dry and stretchy fabric is amazing, to the point I've replaced all of my pants with it.

I like to think it's about the fabric, the cut, not the brand, but dead bird seems to have it in several categories. I've tried on softshells from 4 other major companies and the Gamma MX is the best fit for me and seems to have the highest quality.

Edited by Chuckie_Cheese on 10/11/2011 17:58:20 MDT.

Charles Henry
(Chuckie_Cheese)

Re: Re: Re: Not just Arcteryx on 10/11/2011 18:00:02 MDT Print View

I also don't agree Arcteryx doesn't sell to people on sale. There's alot of ways to sell to cheapskates while protecting high margin sales, and Arcteryx espiecally must use this to get alot of their revenue.

Richard Fischel
(RICKO) - F
much of their focus has on 10/11/2011 19:37:27 MDT Print View

shifted to leaf. it might pain some lovers of the brand to find out that a large portion of their revenue comes from being part of military/industrial complex (insert wink here). they make great kit that you are as likly to read about on soldiersystems.com as in outside magazine. the retail consumer just isn't as impotant to many outdoor companies as they had been in the past.