Forum Index » Website & Forum Admin/Support » What page am I on?

Display Avatars Sort By:
Daryl Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth
What page am I on? on 09/07/2011 15:37:03 MDT Print View

Background
Sometimes, when looking for something in a forum I'll want to move one page forward or one page backward. To do so I have to choose the target page from a list of blue page numbers at the bottom of the page.

Problem
I don't know what page I'm on so I don't know what page comes before or after.

Questions
Is there an easy way to see what page I'm on? or Is there an easy way to move 1 page forward or backward? Other solutions?

Comment
I'm guessing that the blue page numbers at the bottom of the page are supposed to be bold or lit up or something like that to show the current page. Mine don't/aren't. It would be helpful if the current page was in brackets.

Daryl

Edited by lyrad1 on 09/07/2011 15:42:06 MDT.

adam spates
(adamspates) - F

Locale: southeast
page number on 09/07/2011 15:59:40 MDT Print View

The page your on should be black. However it would be nice to add a next button like most forum bases.

Stephen B Elder Jr
(selder) - M

Locale: Front range CO
Re: page number on 09/07/2011 16:08:29 MDT Print View

Also, at least using Windows/IE, if you point at a page # your cursor will become a pointy finger and the page # will be underlined IF you are pointing at a page # other than the page which you are on.

Daryl Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth
Re: What page am I on? on 09/07/2011 18:41:44 MDT Print View

Adam,

No luck on the black page #.

Steve,

Bingo! The pointy finger/underlined thing worked.

I finally know where I am. I was starting to worry that the parallel universe thing was acting up again.

Daryl

noneur business
(that_one_dude) - F
Forum navigation on 09/08/2011 22:43:44 MDT Print View

I agree it is a bit cumbersome for multipage threads. Next/previous links are pretty common with modern forum software.