Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
FS: Western Mountaineering Alpinlight 5'-6
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jacob D
(JacobD) - F

Locale: North Bay
FS: Western Mountaineering Alpinlight 5'-6 on 09/07/2011 08:57:32 MDT Print View

It belongs to my wife (original owner) but didn't work out with her petite size so she switched to an Ultralight after only a few nights out. It's in great shape and has always been slept in with clothes on, in her case like 3 layers of clothes :) From non-smoking home, no stains or other issues. Bag is right zip, short (5'-6"), includes stuff sack as well as storage sack.

2011-09_0739  web

2011-09_0740  web

2011-09_0741  web

The loft is right at 5", the angle of the camera makes it look a little under in the photo.

Looking for $330 shipped.

Edited by JacobD on 09/10/2011 13:07:13 MDT.

Jacob D
(JacobD) - F

FS: Western Mountaineering Alpinlight 5'-6 on 09/10/2011 13:07:52 MDT Print View

Bump... added photos.

Tom Clark
(TomClark) - MLife

Locale: East Coast
Re: FS: Western Mountaineering Alpinlight 5'-6 on 09/11/2011 12:14:14 MDT Print View

Jacob,
I'm interested...thinking about moving from my 6' to the 5'6" model since I feel like the extra space is making my feet cold. How old is the bag?
Tom

Jacob D
(JacobD) - F

Re: FS: Western Mountaineering Alpinlight 5'-6 on 09/11/2011 14:52:00 MDT Print View

Hi Tom.

The bag was purchased in Feb of last year. At least I'm pretty sure that was when... I might have the receipt to confirm, but I will have to dig through some paperwork.

Just as an FYI to you (or anyone else) another member PM'd me last night asking about the length of the bag for his GF who is 5'-5. I asked my wife to climb in and lay flat; she's 5'-2. I then measured the unused length in the footbox which, to my surprise, was around 5 or 6 inches. I just compared this against her Ultralight (also 5'-6 size), and that bag is 2-3 inches shorter than her Alpinlight. This prompted me to weight the bag and I found it to be 31.5 oz, which is about 2.5oz over spec. I'm not sure if there is some manufacturing variance or what is up here.

It would appear that this bag can accommodate someone as tall as 5'-8. I'm pretty confident about my measuring skills, but I'm not making any guarantee here. For someone 5'-7 to 5'-8 you *may* be able to sneak into this bag comfortably... but if it doesn't work out you'll have to turn to the gear swap, not me :)

Jacob D
(JacobD) - F

Re: FS: Western Mountaineering Alpinlight 5'-6 on 09/11/2011 17:23:27 MDT Print View

Sold pending funds.

Thanks!