Forum Index » Post-Trip Reports » Colorado Trail Thru TR

Display Avatars Sort By:
Tim Drescher
(timdcy) - M

Locale: Gore Range
Colorado Trail Thru TR on 09/07/2011 08:49:21 MDT Print View

Got off the trail a little over 2 weeks ago and just finally finished my trip report of my first thru hike. It comes in just shy of 14000 words so I don't expect many people to read the entire thing, but if nothing else I hope you enjoy the photos!

http://timdcy.wordpress.com

Morning at Mt. Yale

Andy Schill
(Aschill) - F
thanks on 09/07/2011 16:12:18 MDT Print View

Thanks! I read a good deal of it, sounds like it was an amazing trip.

Allen Butts
(butts0989) - F - MLife

Locale: Northern Rockies
Re: Colorado Trail Thru TR on 09/07/2011 16:18:05 MDT Print View

Nice trip report man! Looks like you had an awesome hike! very thorough report also, a lot more than mine. check mine out at http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=51830&skip_to_post=442983#442983

Diana Vann
(DianaV) - MLife

Locale: Wandering
Re: Colorado Trail Thru TR on 09/07/2011 20:13:48 MDT Print View

Nice trip report.

I particularly enjoyed the following description:

..."one of my tent stakes came out of the ground causing one whole side of my tent to slap me in the face as the rain began to fall as well. The wind is now very intense. Right now my tent is staying up right with the help of 6 big boulders. I’m cold and my nose won’t stop running, but I’m still in high spirits..."

Great photos.

Thanks for sharing.

HK Newman
(hknewman) - MLife

Locale: Western US
Re: Colorado Trail Thru TR on 09/07/2011 21:02:30 MDT Print View

Reading your TR, sounds like a dream trip most of us would aspire to. Thanks for sharing.

Tim Drescher
(timdcy) - M

Locale: Gore Range
re: on 09/07/2011 21:40:37 MDT Print View

Allen: Check your PM's!

Diana: Thanks for reading. It was quite the memorable night and thankfully the only time I truley cursed the weather.

HK: Quit your job now and get on it ;)