Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Forums Newsletter
Nemo tent sale at The Clymb
Display Avatars Sort By:
Chad Helmke
(the-gear-recycler) - MLife

Locale: High Rockies
Nemo tent sale at The Clymb on 09/06/2011 10:11:53 MDT Print View

So the Clymb has some pretty sweet deals on Nemo tents right now. Check them out and just so you know, if you use my link, I get a $10 kickback. Thanks and good luck!

WWW.theclymb.com/invite-from/ChadHelmke

Tim Haynes
(timalan)

Locale: Mid Atlantic
Nemo Meta 2P on 09/06/2011 11:08:24 MDT Print View

Nemo Meta 2P looks like the best deal, at $200, but in that range, I think most people here would be happier with a Shangri-La or Tarptent... still tempting though to try one out. Really wanted a Nemo tent for a while, but that was before I discovered BPL. :)

Edited by timalan on 09/06/2011 11:09:27 MDT.

Paul Hatfield
(clear_blue_skies) - F
Overweight on 09/06/2011 16:04:16 MDT Print View

It looks roomy from the youtube reviews I've seen of it, but seems kind of heavy for a single-wall trekking pole style tent.

Tim Haynes
(timalan)

Locale: Mid Atlantic
Nemo tent sale at The Clymb on 09/06/2011 16:18:23 MDT Print View

Meta is definitely heavier than most of the cottage gear, but it's on the lightest end of mainstream gear, and some people feel better buying from a mainstream manufacturer. Most of what I've read about the Nemo tents raves about their quality, fit and finish. Of course, the same can be said for some of the cottage folks preferred by BPL users.

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Re: Nemo tent sale at The Clymb on 09/06/2011 17:39:33 MDT Print View

I had no idea that the Meta 2 was 3lbs, 10oz packed. That is hugely heavy for a 2 person SINGLE walled shelter. Cranky.

Steven Adeff
(TinCanFury) - F

Locale: Boston
losi 3p on 09/06/2011 23:48:24 MDT Print View

big fan of my losi 3p, had 4 friends sleeping in it comfortably on our 3-day trip this last weekend in the Whites (I was in my hammock). I basically keep it around as a loaner since I have lots of friends that like to backpack but don't have the "out every weekend" attitude I do, so having it around is handy.

not cottage and not the (ultra) lightest for the floor space, but def a solid well built tent, a good buy if the price is right for ya.