November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Water bottle--cook pot--water treatment vessel
Display Avatars Sort By:
Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: @Tarptent
Water bottle--cook pot--water treatment vessel on 04/24/2012 19:59:52 MDT Print View

had a look at that Vargo pot..
1 Liter 28 g ? That sounded too good to be true and it is.
The weight in oz (4.7) is probably correct so that is 133g.
Still I like the idea.

John S.
(jshann) - F
Pathfinder 32oz. Bottle & Cup Set on 08/15/2012 15:30:20 MDT Print View

Dena Kelley

Locale: Eagle River, Alaska
Re Water bottle--cook pot--water treatment vessel on 08/15/2012 16:36:13 MDT Print View

I carry two 800mL SS water bottles (single wall) instead of plastic and the reason is I use them to boil water in, for sterilizing (I am in the small minority of people who prefer to boil rather than use chemicals or filters) and also so I have bottles suitable for making hot water bottles to put in my sleeping bag on cold nights. I used to use Nalgene bottles but they required a separate pot for the boiling process and with the SS bottles I don't need a separate pot. For most of my trips my food only requires reconstitution and so I'm only rehydrating rather than cooking the food so I don't need a cook pot.

Everett Vinzant
(wn7ant) - MLife

Locale: CDT
The BOT on 04/20/2013 16:49:18 MDT Print View

Though this shows the Titanium version, you can now get a stainless version from Vargo.