The Montbell pillow (& I assume Exped's similar version...oh, and Bender's) is one I enjoy as a side sleeper.
I love my NeoAir but don't like hanging off either. The only way I can use a short inflatable and be comfy on my side is to pair the above pillow with a 90 or 120cm Montbell pad (or w/my Torsolite), and have a 3/8" GG ccf pad underneath. By then, it weighs about the same as my neo, w/ some advantages & disadvantages:
- comfort is great w/either
- width isn't as nice as my Large Neo
- a ccf on bottom makes it a more durable setup
- the Montbell is WAY easier to inflate
- but MAN, do I just plain love my wide NeoAir!!!
A Bridge Hammock from JRB works great for me as well. What a great hammock.And a thinner pillow can be used in a hammock as well.