Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
world meet the uber
Display Avatars Sort By:
William Zila
(Ultralightwillinn.m) - MLife

Locale: Albuquerque
world meet the uber on 09/02/2011 17:22:14 MDT Print View

meet the uber this is in my opinion one of the best do it all packs ive made or seen the specs are as follows . 2,200 cubic inch main volume roughly 600 in mesh pockets constructed with a main body of coated 70d a bottom and shoulder/hipbelt of dynemma gridstop the roll top is sil. Total weight is 8.5 ounces i designed this for winter trips the back pocket holds my snow shovel just perfectly and the size is right. As of now this is the biggest pack in the line but most likely there will be one around 3,000 cubic inches with removable carbon frame stays and a assault X2 is also in the works this will be about mid way between the assault and the uber .As always the uber as well as all my packs is available in any combination of the following sil nylon 2nds black , 70d coated black,digital camo, dynemma gridstop, mesh black. Other fabrics are a option they may come for no extra charge or a small fee depending on the fabric i am also open to custom sizes for 5$ more if i dont have a pattern for that size alreadyuberuberuberuberubermg src="/backpackinglight/user_uploads/1315005051_48269.jpg" alt="uber" width="422" height="562">

James Gould
(highlandergymn) - F
Pack questions on 09/02/2011 18:38:08 MDT Print View

I'm interested in your largest pack with some suspension system. Is that what the carbon stays do? Any chance on getting hip belt pockets?

adam spates
(adamspates) - F

Locale: southeast
price on 09/02/2011 18:57:48 MDT Print View

how much is this pack? And how much weight would it add to pad the shoulder straps?

Also not to long ago there was a thread about some bubble wrap that doesn't pop. I think a section of it is 11"x12". Would it be possible for you to put that in for a backpad?

William Zila

specs on 09/02/2011 21:49:19 MDT Print View

check out my blog for pricing http://alteregobackpackinggear.blogspot.com.I dont want to fill my myog posts with business related info so all of that will be thru my blog or you can pm me. The shoulder straps are already padded with 3dmesh I could double the 3d mesh for more padding and probably about a 1 ounce weight increase

Andy Chasse'
(AndyC)

Locale: The Front Range
assault x2 on 09/03/2011 06:22:03 MDT Print View

Let's see the assault X2!

William Zila

It's almost here on 09/03/2011 10:09:09 MDT Print View

The assault X2 should be done sometime tonight I'll get pics posted either today or tomorrow

Diplomatic Mike
(MikefaeDundee)

Locale: Under a bush in Scotland
Some guy! on 09/03/2011 10:15:05 MDT Print View

You're one switched on young guy, William! I'm sure you said you were only 16 years old on another thread? I'm amazed you have found time to test all these packs and quilts you are selling, never mind set up a business!

William Zila

Thank you on 09/03/2011 13:10:55 MDT Print View

Thank you mike that means a lot yes I am 16 but I've been building gear for about 3 years the last year I've really been trying things out. Yep the schedule is sure getting tight as I'm now attending community collage starting my degree in business but I find a little time here and there to build gear. Evan If that time is when I should be asleep lol

William Zila

THE SECOND ASSAULT IS COMING on 09/03/2011 21:53:11 MDT Print View

the assaultX2 is practically done i am just waiting on webbing and laderlocks for it. There is some teaser pics up as well as pics of the tarp
http://alteregobackpackinggear.blogspot.com/2011/09/second-assault-is-coming.html