November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Tentative 3-Season Packing List
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jordan Petsche
(Tyorik) - F
Tentative 3-Season Packing List on 08/26/2011 11:25:17 MDT Print View

So I've been scouring the forums for weeks trying to piece together a good set, and what with the REI sale right now I figure this is a good time to pick some of the gear up. This gear will be for 2-4 night solo trips.

Big Agnes Fly Creek UL1 2 lb 3oz
(maybe) Space All-Weather Blanket for underneath 14oz

Western Mountaineering Ultralite 20 degree 1 lb 10oz
Exped Synmat 16.2oz

Osprey Exos 46 2 lb 7oz

Black Diamond Alpine Carbon Cork Trekking Poles 16oz
H51c Headlamp 3oz

Driducks ?
Houdini 4.3oz
Icebreaker TechLite

Steripen 5.7oz
Snow Peak Titanium Cookset 5.5oz
Platypus 3L 5.8oz

Total so far: 170.5(ish) ounces (~11 pounds)

That's about all I have right now. I don't know the first thing about cooking on the trail; to be completely honest I've only ever packed a bunch of Cliff bars and lived on those. I feel like I'm probably missing some things though that I can't put my finger on (minus some articles of clothing that I'm not too concerned about).

Any help would be awesome

Edited by Tyorik on 08/26/2011 12:09:28 MDT.

Mike Clelland
(mikeclelland) - MLife

Locale: The Tetons (via Idaho)
I am gunna suggest you buy a book on 08/29/2011 08:18:10 MDT Print View

Alas - This isn't really a "list" of your gear. It is only a few items, and most aren't really all that light.

As silly as it sounds, I am gunna suggest you buy a book.

Yes, I know this is shameless self promotion. But, this book was designed and written with YOU in mind. Trust me, it will help a lot. And - there is a really straightforward cooking chapter.

Mike C!

Joe Clement
(skinewmexico) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
Tentative 3-Season Packing List on 08/29/2011 08:24:01 MDT Print View

Good book. I've really enjoyed it.