Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
A "Microadventure" Challenge
Display Avatars Sort By:
alastair humphreys
(alastairhumphreys) - MLife

Locale: UK
A "Microadventure" Challenge on 08/26/2011 02:24:19 MDT Print View

Hi guys!

Hopefully some of you will remember me from an article I wrote for BPL about crossing Iceland on foot and packraft (http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/iceland_packraft.html). Thanks for all the positive comments!

Anyway, what I have been working on this year is the idea of 'microadventures' - tiny little trips that anyone has the time, expertise or money to do, but which still get people out into the wild and challenge them.

I'm posting today to point out to BPL readers that I have teamed up with a great company called howies here in the UK and we have launched a competition. You can win £1000 of clothing and all you need to do is pack your rucksacks and go on a microadventure. A win-win situation! If you want more information please click here: http://www.alastairhumphreys.com/2011/08/microadventure-competition-howies/

Good Luck and Thanks!
Al

Edited by alastairhumphreys on 08/26/2011 09:00:15 MDT.

Patrick S
(xpatrickxad) - F

Locale: Upper East TN
Re: A "Microadventure" Challenge on 08/30/2011 10:58:41 MDT Print View

Great contest, Al, and I hope tons of people follow through and enter. I got sucked into your Microadventure videos a couple days ago and couldn't stop watching. Thoroughly entertaining and inspiring. Keep bringing us the fun stuff!

alastair humphreys

Thank you! on 08/30/2011 11:55:50 MDT Print View

Cheers Patrick! I appreciate the positive comment.

Jacob D
(JacobD) - F

Locale: North Bay
Re: A "Microadventure" Challenge on 09/08/2011 14:31:10 MDT Print View

Love the tumblr series, love the idea. Alastair, I think I'm in on this one. Keep your fingers crossed for me :)

alastair humphreys

Thank you! on 09/08/2011 14:34:02 MDT Print View

Thanks Jacob! Good luck! You should have weather that will make us Brits jealous anyway...