50% off Pro Bars!
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jason G
(JasonG) - F

Locale: iceberg lake
50% off Pro Bars! on 08/23/2011 10:38:36 MDT Print View

Hey all, Pro Bars are up for 50%off on the Clymb right now! There are about 7 diff flavors too.

invite code here

http://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/JasonGrosser

and as you probably know, i get a $10 credit when you place your first order. win-win!
thx

Jason

Edited by JasonG on 08/23/2011 10:41:40 MDT.

Joseph R
(Dianoda) - MLife

Locale: Chicago, IL
Amazon Subscribe & Save on 08/23/2011 12:33:52 MDT Print View

Thanks for the heads up.

I will add that you can currently get pretty much all ProBar varieties from Amazon for $23.36 shipped if you elect to sign up for Amazon's subscribe & save program. Basically, your order ships free and Amazon gives you a 15% discount over their standard listed price, but sets you up for an automatic reorder at an interval you set, which you can also cancel anytime. Once your order arrives/ships, just unsubscribe from Subscribe & Save and you're all set.

So once you factor in shipping costs, depending on the quantity ordered Amazon could be a better deal. Amazon orders will also ship immediately, while orders at The Clymb take longer to fulfill (which is how they can have such low prices - from what I understand they place a volume order with the manufacturer and then repackage for shipping to buyers) - delivery is estimated between September 10-13th.

The Clymb:
$19.98 * X boxes + $7.98 shipping
$27.96 for 1, $47.94 for 2, $67.92 for 3

Amazon:
23.36 * X boxes, free shipping
23.36 for 1, 46.72 for 2, $70.08 for 3

David Vo
(sygyzy)
Re: 50% off Pro Bars! on 08/23/2011 13:12:15 MDT Print View

Jason - Are you really going to keep pushing your affiliate link program?

Joseph - you may consider furnishing an Amazon link to the product, complete with your memberID so you can get credit for purchases.

Coming soon - Groupon, Living Social, Gilt Group, Fab.com, etc links.

George Phoenix
(perrito)

Locale: Joisey
Probars on 08/23/2011 20:08:45 MDT Print View

Be careful about this sale, especially if you intend to buy in bulk. I bought a bunch of Probars for a long hike a couple of years ago and the bars I received had an expiration date only a month or two away. Then on the trail, I found out they were actually slightly rancid even though the date was still a month away. Not a good situation. At least when you buy from a store, you can get fresher stuff.

Just a heads-up..

Jason G
(JasonG) - F

Locale: iceberg lake
cool on 08/25/2011 00:42:44 MDT Print View

Joe, ok good to know. I just saw this deal and thought people might like it so i threw it up.

David, Are you really trying to start this debate up again?? And ME keep pushing MY affiliate link?? ive posted clymb sales 2 maybe 3 times in a few years. And ive gotten over 150 people to sign up and i have gotten some great gear from the clymb so YES if i see something that i think is a good deal and beneficial to this community then yes i will push my links.
And furthermore, I welcome Groupon, Living Social, Gilt Group, Fab.com, etc links to Gear Deals, as long as they pertain to backpacking and related actives and it is in fact a DEAL than they are welcome in GEAR DEALS

george, thanks for the tip. I could see how probars could get rancid. ill just have to use them as daily snacks..which i won't mind!

David Vo
(sygyzy)
Re: cool on 08/25/2011 18:07:53 MDT Print View

Jason - Not sure when this debate was ever started before. If it has been hashed before, that was before my time. Amazing, you posted deals 2-3 times in a few years, yet you just did two in the past week. You got 150 people to sign up with your affiliate link to get you bonuses. You want people to thank you for turning them onto the Clymb? Why don't you just tell people go to check the site without having it benefit you?