Last weekend I spent a few hours working on a super easy starter MYOG projec, a simple 5 X 8 silnylon flat tarp.
I used some silny seconds I got around Christmas from BackwoodsDaydreamer as well as Guterman poly thread and grosgrain ribbon for the tieouts.
Sorry i forgot to take pictures in progress but its so simple it doesnt matter :)
All I did was measure out 8 feet off the 3 yards I had ordered and cut the excess. The sil was aready 5 feet wide so i didnt have to cut anything else.
Then I rolled the edges twice about 1/2 inch and sewed a straight stich along that edge. After that all that was left was to sew the 6 grosgrain perimeter tieouts which I did using a zig-zag stich, two mid-panel teiouts (with a square sil reinforcement patch), and a mitten clip for a bivy hood.
And now, for all to behold!