20% Western Mountaineering Sleeping Bags + Free Shipping
Display Avatars Sort By:
Ryan Krause
(rmkrause)

Locale: Pacific Northwest
20% Western Mountaineering Sleeping Bags + Free Shipping on 08/18/2011 00:12:11 MDT Print View

20% off Western Mountaineering sleeping bags: http://www.melcottons.com. Free shipping over $100 as well.

David Vo
(sygyzy)
Re: 20% Western Mountaineering Sleeping Bags + Free Shipping on 08/18/2011 11:46:23 MDT Print View

Site is horrendously slow.

A little help to get directly to Western Mountaineering products. Sorry, there's no way to just filter by bags

http://www.melcottons.com/category.cfm/brand/Western-Mountaineering/displaycount/240

Stephan Doyle
(StephanCal)
Re: 20% Western Mountaineering Sleeping Bags + Free Shipping on 08/18/2011 12:48:12 MDT Print View

This shop is just down the street from where I used to live. Nice folks, and they seem to put WM on sale more than anyone I've ever seen.

David Vo
(sygyzy)
Re: Re: 20% Western Mountaineering Sleeping Bags + Free Shipping on 08/18/2011 12:49:09 MDT Print View

Do you have any particular BPL approved bags we should take a look at?

Ryan Krause
(rmkrause)

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Re: Re: 20% Western Mountaineering Sleeping Bags + Free Shipping on 08/18/2011 18:27:54 MDT Print View

I'd say any of the WM bags receive almost universal praise although the *lite bags receive the most attention here on BPL. There's a good number of user reviews here.

I received my Summerlite and Ultralite today from them - I was very pleased they came in a re-used box (Office Depot box). Let both bags loft, and I must say they look amazing.

WM

Edited by rmkrause on 08/18/2011 18:32:24 MDT.

Stephan Doyle
(StephanCal)
Re: Re: Re: 20% Western Mountaineering Sleeping Bags + Free Shipping on 08/18/2011 19:37:56 MDT Print View

David, AFAIK only the Summerlite has been reviewed by the BPL staff. This was done back near 2007.

With that said, WM bags are the standard to which all others are judged. Feathered Friends is also in that category. Many place the Mont-Bell bags near these two as well. Western Mountaineering is expensive (and hardly ever go on sale), but they're absolutely top-notch, and still made in a small shop in San Jose (not far away from Mel's, actually).

David Vo
(sygyzy)
Re: Re: Re: Re: 20% Western Mountaineering Sleeping Bags + Free Shipping on 08/20/2011 23:18:25 MDT Print View

Thanks for the advice fellas!