Salomon Style Laces on Non Salomon Shoes
Display Avatars Sort By:
Michael Williams
(qldhike)

Locale: Queensland
Salomon Style Laces on Non Salomon Shoes on 08/13/2011 00:19:25 MDT Print View

Has anybody tried to make a DIY version of the 'quicklace' system Salomon uses on its shoes on other shoes?

I currently have some Salomon XA Pro 3d ultras which I love (after I removed the terrible ortholite insert) but I wonder when these shoe die whether I have to go Salomon again or whether I can retrofit a similar lace system on other shoes.

Any experiences from people who have done this or any ideas on whether it would be possible?

Thanks
Michael

Jeremy Platt
(jeremy089786) - F

Locale: Sydney
same idea on 08/14/2011 20:28:38 MDT Print View

Hi Michael,

I was actually thinking that exact same thing today. I have used that same shoe for a bit over a year of hard use and have now gone for the Inov-8 flite-195's which I personally prefer, but would love to have the saloman lacing system rather than the normal laces.

I guess you could simply remove the laces, put some of the cord with the cord lock in their place and off you go. Only problem I could imagine is cutting up the original shoes if they are not built for cord.

John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: Salomon Style Laces on Non Salomon Shoes on 08/14/2011 21:45:07 MDT Print View

I cut off my salomon laces and used them on some golite shoes. It works, but mine were a little short for the golite shoes so I just stopped lacing before the bottom holes.

Edited by jshann on 08/14/2011 21:45:44 MDT.

Michael G
(Neptune) - MLife
Laces on 08/20/2011 09:06:30 MDT Print View

There are a lot of quick lace systems out there for purchase. I used these a while back when doing triathlon for quick transitions to my running shoes, quite nice.

Link .
(annapurna) - MLife
Re: Salomon Style Laces on Non Salomon Shoes on 08/20/2011 09:13:27 MDT Print View

http://www.rei.com/product/825246/salomon-kevlar-replacement-laces-2-kit