Forum Index » Chaff » BPL's Logo

Display Avatars Sort By:
Pilate de Guerre
(deGuerre) - F

Locale: SE, USA
BPL's Logo on 08/13/2011 00:14:24 MDT Print View

I love BPL's circle/mountain/feather logo. It's so classic, simple, and right on target for what it's meant to represent. Who created it?

Eugene Smith
(Eugeneius) - MLife

Locale: Nuevo Mexico
"BPL's Logo" on 08/13/2011 00:25:45 MDT Print View

Absolutely Pilate, it's a great design.

I don't know who created it but I know I still have my heart set on the yet to materialize diecut BPL sticker!

Barry Cuthbert
(nzbazza) - MLife

Locale: New Zealand
Re: BPL's Logo on 08/13/2011 01:52:57 MDT Print View

When I first saw it I thought the white area looked like an elephant... what does an elephant have to do with backpacking light?

It took a while to train the eyes to see the feather and the mountains.

Thom Darrah
(thomdarrah) - MLife

Locale: Southern Oregon
BPL's Logo on 08/13/2011 06:58:01 MDT Print View

Eugene,
Forget the sticker and just go all in with a tattoo, be a man.

Eugene Smith
(Eugeneius) - MLife

"BPL's Logo" on 08/13/2011 09:22:50 MDT Print View

@ Thom,

I tried, but my wife wasn't thrilled with the idea of me having a tattoo on the small of my back.

Thom Darrah
(thomdarrah) - MLife

Locale: Southern Oregon
BPL's Logo on 08/13/2011 11:57:46 MDT Print View

Eugene,
I was thinking more along the lines of a shoulder or calf as a location for the tattoo.

It kind of reminds me of the Tyson tattoo, I guess you could be bold and opt for a facial setting.

d k
(dkramalc) - MLife
BPL temporary tattoo? on 08/13/2011 12:07:14 MDT Print View

Reading this thread, I had a flash of inspiration - we could do a group buy on custom temporary tattoos of the BPL logo! OK, maybe not...

Sarah Kirkconnell
(sarbar) - F

Locale: In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
Re: Elephant? on 08/13/2011 13:00:19 MDT Print View

Not an elephant but a mastodon!

Clint Wayman
(cwayman1) - M

Locale: East Tennessee, US
logo on 08/17/2011 14:30:33 MDT Print View

I am also of the group who repeatedly sees the mastadon, followed closely by the mountains. However, I had never noticed the feather until just now and I it that much more for it.

+1 to Eugene and the sticker idea. I'd get one. They might could even be used as a 'free gift' for purchasing a membership? Or maybe just offered for purchase to Members? I won't suggest 'availability to M-LIFE'rs only' because I would really like one =)

spelt !
(spelt) - F

Locale: SW/C PA
mountains and elephants and trail runners, oh my on 08/19/2011 21:20:22 MDT Print View

I saw a trail runner with a feather underneath it, which made perfect sense to me given all the minimalist shoe talk. It took months before I realized it was supposed to be mountains.

Eugene Smith
(Eugeneius) - MLife

Reminds me of the Young lady or Old Hag illusion. on 08/19/2011 22:56:26 MDT Print View

Young lady or Old Hag?

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Reminds me of the Young lady or Old Hag illusion. on 08/19/2011 23:35:55 MDT Print View

I guess I've been married too long. I just see the old hag. She's right behind me isn't she....

The logo always reminds me of a feather and a toupee.

It always makes me think of this sign too

dude

Clint Wayman
(cwayman1) - M

Locale: East Tennessee, US
stickers on 08/24/2011 09:31:20 MDT Print View

just typing out loud here... but how hard would it REALLY be to get stickers made? Permission from BPL+ high-res image (larger then ~40 x 40 pixels found in Google search)+ group-buy commitment+ a bit of time = AWESOME stash of BPL stickers? Different sizes? Any ideas? I wouldn't mind putting something together if there's interest/ it's feasible.

Pilate de Guerre
(deGuerre) - F

Locale: SE, USA
Thanks everyone on 08/24/2011 13:41:56 MDT Print View

Thanks for forever ruining the BPL logo for me. I cannot unsee the mastodon ;)