Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
A Little Madness - Chiquita, Ypsioln and Fay Lakes
Display Avatars Sort By:
Paul Magnanti
(PaulMags) - MLife

Locale: People's Republic of Boulder
A Little Madness - Chiquita, Ypsioln and Fay Lakes on 08/12/2011 23:39:19 MDT Print View

Normally I wouldn't share a day hike report (if a mainly off-trail one), but thought some of you may want to see the results of a test drive I took with a Canon A1200 P&S. Verdict? Takes good photos for a light, compact and inexpensive camera. Has an optical view finder, too! Plan on using it when I climb Grand Teton next weekend. :)

Anyway:

Never Summer Range

"A man needs a little madness…." -Nikos Kazantzakis

Saturday Aug 6th was spent doing mundane chores needed for my vastly expanding 'grown-up' life: Oil changes, tires, errands, this and that. All things I neglected doing the decidedly non-responsible things that make life so much richer (name, spending a week in the Colorado backcountry). But all 'adult' things that need to be done no matter how non-fun they are.

I still wanted a hike Sunday, though. Or I should say NEEDED IT. When I don't have my backcountry experience, I get quite cranky and irritable to put it bluntly. More so than in the past.

Perhaps I am starting to recognize I have real responsibilities now (admitting to having a career, starting a life with someone, planning for a future and so on) and have a job that also is a non-stop pace too often. The job situation I hope to will change at some point (assuming my plans pan out), but for now, I need the escape valve of the backcountry. A chance to decompress and revel in what I love.

Even if I only have a day for it.

And on this day I had free, I thought of a hike popularly called Mummy Madness.

Read more...

Edited by PaulMags on 08/12/2011 23:40:07 MDT.