Forum Index » Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Trinity Alps, Morris Meadow Octoberfest

Display Avatars Sort By:
Kronos Master of Fate
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Can't make it on 10/16/2011 19:43:52 MDT Print View

Don't miss out in February. Thanks for the heads up.

Jacob D
(JacobD) - F

Locale: North Bay
Thanks Ken. on 10/16/2011 20:57:04 MDT Print View

...for your efforts to organize this and keep the thread updated. Can I bring you a bomber of your favorite beer or sumfin?

Kronos Master of Fate
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: Thanks Ken. on 10/16/2011 21:16:59 MDT Print View

Glad to do it Jacob.

Surprise me...

Jacob D
(JacobD) - F

Re: Re: Thanks Ken. on 10/16/2011 21:18:33 MDT Print View

ten four

Joshua Billings
(Joshua) - MLife

Locale: Santa Cruz,Ca
getting close on 10/16/2011 21:33:12 MDT Print View

What day for gear swap? I was thinking maybe on Sunday on the way out? Burn off?

Kronos Master of Fate
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: getting close on 10/16/2011 21:44:28 MDT Print View

Josh I was hoping that the Backcountry Boilers would have shipped. But no... So a burn off might need to be creative. We'll figure out a time for the swap.

Man! It's going to be fun!

We have one non-BPLr coming. Be nice.

Kronos Master of Fate
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: Trinity Alps,Latest Information on 10/17/2011 06:13:55 MDT Print View

Since this thread and the information in it has become to be too much of chore to go through, I updated the first post to reflect the
most up to date information.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=51781

James McDaniel
(BigEarth) - F
Need advice on my SF travel plans regarding the BART to SFO on Sunday night on 10/17/2011 20:17:26 MDT Print View

So, I'm assuming we all will be getting back to the Bay area around 7pm at night on Sunday.

My flight leaves at noon on Monday.

I'm trying to figure out if I should get a hotel by a BART station and take it to SFO in the morning or take the BART yet that night and get closer to SFO and stay around the airport.

Anybody have suggestions regarding dealing with the BART. Am I asking for weirdos on Sunday night(with a suitcase of nice gear) or bad rush on Monday morning(maybe at particular stations)...is the BART usually on time?

You know what I'm after....thanks in advance. No reason to bother this thread, just blast me a PM please.

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Locale: East Bay
Trinity Alps, Morris Meadow on 10/17/2011 20:32:47 MDT Print View

BART is a excellent way to travel. Not too many weirdos but maybe just a few. I would stay in the city off Market St(Bee Hive). From SF/Market St it will take you about 30 minutes to get to SFO.

Kronos Master of Fate
(kthompson) - MLife

Trinity Alps, Everyone ready!?! on 10/17/2011 22:08:04 MDT Print View

Hope everyone is getting excited.

Looks like perfect camping weather is in the forecast! 60's-40ish, upper 30's Partly cloudy

I'm taking Thursday off as well so I hope to nab the good spot at Bridge Camp.

If anyone needs anything, now is the time to ask.

Hopefully someone is helping Jim out with his BART inquiries.

Since this thread and the information in it has become to be too much of chore to go through, I updated the first post to reflect the
most up to date information.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=51781

Edited by kthompson on 10/17/2011 22:22:01 MDT.

Eli .
(Feileung) - F
BART to the airport. on 10/18/2011 00:28:41 MDT Print View

BART to SFO by 10:00am (check in time?) is really easy. The trains start at around 5:45am, or so.

http://www.bart.gov/index.aspx

The planner in the upper left of this link will help you figure out the timing. Its been my experience that the airport trains are timely.

Kronos Master of Fate
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: Trinity Alps,Latest Information on 10/18/2011 06:23:18 MDT Print View

Day after tomorrow. My wife is so glad!

Eric Lundquist
(cobberman) - F - M

Locale: Northern Colorado
Re: Trinity Alps, Morris Meadow Octoberfest - Gear Requests on 10/18/2011 10:50:19 MDT Print View

A few pages back there was a request that someone bring a Trailstar to check out. I am adding to that list and hoping to take a look at someone's MLD Burn or, if I'm lucky, a MYOG "5 Yards to SUL-Pack". Anyone else have something to add to the list?

Requested Items:

• MLD Trailstar - Steven Paris?
  • MLD Burn - Jacob D
  • MYOG: 5 Yards to SUL-Pack

No need to pack any of the above items as we can gather around your trunk to fondle the goods!

Edited by cobberman on 10/18/2011 21:22:17 MDT.

James Winstead
(James_W)

Locale: CA
Re: Trinity Alps, Morris Meadow Octoberfest - Gear Requests on 10/18/2011 13:46:01 MDT Print View

I second Eric's request to see an MLD Burn. Or a prophet... I think one of those is going to be my christmas present to myself :)

Jacob D
(JacobD) - F

Re: Burn on 10/18/2011 17:59:03 MDT Print View

Hmmm.. I have a Burn but I wasn't planning to carry it due to packing beer... if I have room in my pack I'll just stuff it in there.

Actually, I'll just toss it in my truck for anyone who wants to check it out after the trip.

Edited by JacobD on 10/18/2011 20:22:58 MDT.

Kronos Master of Fate
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: Trinity Alps, Morris Meadow Octoberfest on 10/19/2011 06:37:14 MDT Print View

ca1

Almost.. Hope you coming from the land of freeways don't run into this...

hwy1

All up to date info on the trip can be found here..

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/mb_post_form.html?po=reply&note_id=437361&forum_thread_id=51781

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Trip on 10/19/2011 10:32:31 MDT Print View

I don't have anything important to add; just taking up space to say I am excited to head up to the mountains. Some friends, some familiar faces and some new ones too.
:) :) :)

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Trip report contest? on 10/19/2011 10:34:35 MDT Print View

Since so many of us are going it could be a fun challenge to have a trip report contest on this outing...to be judged by the bpl community perhaps?

Gary Dunckel
(Zia-Grill-Guy) - MLife

Locale: Boulder
Trip report on 10/19/2011 11:17:36 MDT Print View

Kat, you're spot on about trip reports. Those of us that are living vicariously though this stellar group campout absolutely must hear the stories. And, as a precaution, I would like to nominate you to be the official den mother. You know, jot down the names of those that get silly, snore loudly, spill beers, or otherwise discredit the good name of BPL. I hope you all have a great time!

Kronos Master of Fate
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: Trip report contest? on 10/19/2011 18:21:12 MDT Print View

Great idea!