Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Hiker Falls 50'.....eats bugs :)
Display Avatars Sort By:
Dan Durston
(dandydan) - M

Locale: Cascadia
Hiker Falls 50'.....eats bugs :) on 08/03/2011 22:05:10 MDT Print View

Here's an article on CNN about a woman who fell 50' and broke her leg in two places. It took 3 days for them to find her. She covered herself in moss at night to stay warm and ate berries and caterpillars.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/03/woman-survives-50-foot-fall-off-wilderness-cliff/

Good to hear they found her. I'm not sure I would have resorted to eating caterpillars this quickly, but I guess it would be something to do while you wait.

tommy d
(vinovampire) - F
Re: Hiker Falls 50'.....eats bugs :) on 08/04/2011 06:05:11 MDT Print View

Wow - that's quite a story. I'm glad she's alive and well. And, I would definitely have eaten some caterpillars.

Leigh Baker
(leighb) - F

Locale: Northeast Texas Pineywoods
re:"Hiker Falls 50'.....eats bugs :)" on 08/04/2011 06:38:54 MDT Print View

Dan, I'm with you on this one, LOL! I'm glad they found her, obviously I can't say what I'd have done, but I think I'd eaten berries, leaves and bark, and maybe saved the caterpillars for a few days later, but then I wasn't there...and hope I never am.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Hiker Falls 50'.....eats bugs :) on 08/04/2011 06:53:17 MDT Print View

I wonder how long she and the boyfriend had been dating before this mishap, and how long they'll continue dating after it. Either the story is missing info or he didn't do a lot of searching himself.......

Dan Durston
(dandydan) - M

Locale: Cascadia
3 days on 08/05/2011 20:19:48 MDT Print View

Yeah it does seem really weird that it took 3 days considering the circumstances.