Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Ants in my pants
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jacob D
(JacobD) - F

Locale: North Bay
Ants in my pants on 08/01/2011 09:06:24 MDT Print View

This has been troubling me for quite some time... can anyone advise on how to do the "ants in your pants" dance? Sorry, too much sugar in my morning coffee.

So, I never realized how many ants and things crawl on my head at night until I started wearing my windshirt to sleep. I put the hood up over my beanie and those darn ants (the XL type seen in the Sierras etc) make their way in between the beanie and hood. I can hear them scratching around in there; their little legs make a racket on that fabric! I don't mind a few stray ants on my person, but all the scratching noise right next to my ear is a bit much. Anyone else experience this? Do you have any tricks to keep them off your head, like garlic necklace etc...

I use Permethrin on all of my clothes but the ants don't seem deterred by it. Does that mean I'm not getting good adherence of the chemical to my clothes? Maybe the ants just aren't deterred by it?

John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: Ants in my pants on 08/01/2011 09:24:43 MDT Print View

Headnet.

Thomas Burns
(nerdboy52) - MLife

Locale: "Alas, poor Yogi.I knew him well."
Headnet on 08/01/2011 09:35:31 MDT Print View

+1 on the headnet. Replace your beanie with a brimmed hat to keep it off your face.

Jacob D
(JacobD) - F

Locale: North Bay
Re: Headnet on 08/02/2011 07:59:36 MDT Print View

Thanks guys. Headnet did occur to me, but I don't like them, especially sleeping while wearing one. I haven't tried the brimmed hat approach before though.

Any thoughts on the lack of effectiveness of permethrin? Seems like it should keep the ants out; possible I'm not getting good adherence? Maybe I need to reapply but it wasn't too long ago that I did.