Eric, thanks for your feedback.
1. The MB bag is 30 degree but in reality is probably about 35. With people warning me that it might get down into the low 20s, I was curious if the down pants would be needed to extend the temp rating of my bag. I will probably bring them and leave them in the car at the TH if its warm enough.
2. I have needed it before one night when it got down to 22. Figured the weight was worth it for a cold snap. This is probably another game time decision.
3. Great ideas here. I am going to go look at my setup and see what I can leave behind.
4. I have, I hate the hassle of mixing the drops, and the pills have an unpleasant taste. The other guy I am hiking with is taking pills for backup, and we are sharing the steripen. I may rethink this though, as it is quite a bit heavier than my other setup.
5. Short answer is no, I do not need them all. But a luxury I am willing to live with.
6. I have actually decided to switch to carrying just 1 liter based on your advice and advice of some others as well.
7. I usually have coffee in the morning and a hot meal in the evening, so at 2 per day thats 12, figured I would take a few extra just in case. But maybe I will take a few out.
8. Menu is still a work in progress, you are probably right that I need to beef up the food a bit.
Thanks for the feedback!
Kristin, you are absolutely right about the map and compass. I have them, but did not add them to list!
2. You make a good point about the legwear, just not sure if I need the downpants to extend the rating of the bag. Shorts, are in lieu of boxers, may switch back to boxers.
3. I think you are right, and will probably be beefing up the food a bit.
4. You can eat out of the GVP, and the caddy can be used as a cup.
5. Thanks, may add some Dr. Bronners.
6. Good idea.
7. All useful tips! Never thought of the safety pins.
Thanks for your feedback.