Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
unleaded
Display Avatars Sort By:
Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
unleaded on 07/27/2011 16:53:31 MDT Print View

Every 5000 miles, I take my car to the Jiffy Lube place for an oil change. It's conveniently located only one mile from my house.

I'm getting ready to take off for the mountains, and the car was due, so I drove it over to Jiffy Lube and waited.

This woman with a Honda rushes up to the counter and asks if they will sell her two quarts of oil.

The counterman says, "Yes, we can sell you two quarts. What type of oil does your car need?"

The woman says, "Unleaded." Then, "The oil light is lit up."

The counterman recognizes a confused customer, but he doesn't want to correct her too bluntly. As he studies the computer screen trying to think of a response, she continues. "Synthetic."

The counterman sees some hope here, so he responds. "We have four different types of synthetic oil. We have Mobil, we have... "

The woman interrupts and says, "It's Honda."

The counterman is starting to have fun with this now. "OK, ma'am. You want two quarts of synthetic oil for a Honda. That will be $15.50."

The woman goes on, "No. That isn't right. I've never paid more than $4.00 a gallon before." Then she drives off.

There were three of us men sitting in the waiting room and listening to this whole conversation. We just smiled and shook our heads.

--B.G.--

Mark Hudson
(vesteroid) - MLife

Locale: Eastern Sierras
rental car on 07/28/2011 16:24:05 MDT Print View

I had a rental car in nashville last fall and overnight in a hilton parking lot both wheels on the driver side were stolen.

I called the police they filed a report, I called hertz and informed them that the wheels were stolen, and that they would have to come get their car.

I got a cab to the airport where I received a call from hertz loss prevention. The woman apologized to me for my situation and asked me if they stole the tires too?