Forum Index » Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Quilt

Display Avatars Sort By:
Michael Barber
(CuriousLayman) - F

Locale: Western NC Mountains
MYOG Quilt on 07/22/2011 04:04:20 MDT Print View

I just finished two summer quilts (one for my wife, one for me). Nothing special, but they came out pretty good overall. I've posted some photos at the address below. Thanks to Tim and John for their help with the drawcord question. I used omnitape attached to grosgrain to secure it around the neck and also omnitape on opposite sides of the footbox so that it closes like a tube - meaning one strip on the inside of the quilt and one on the outside.

http://curiouslayman.com/gear/summer-quilts

-Mike

Edited by CuriousLayman on 07/22/2011 04:05:05 MDT.

Clint Wayman
(cwayman1) - M

Locale: East Tennessee, US
myo-quilt on 07/22/2011 06:55:06 MDT Print View

Hey Mike,

Great looking quilt! Very simple and very effective.

Edited by cwayman1 on 07/22/2011 06:55:43 MDT.

Jared Dilg
(Village) - MLife

Locale: Texas
Re: MYOG Quilt on 07/22/2011 08:18:13 MDT Print View

Looks great Mike! Did you use the Omni tape from Quest? It looks like the softer stuff. I like that you went with a center opening for the cinch cord at the head.

Michael Barber
(CuriousLayman) - F

Locale: Western NC Mountains
MYOG Quilt on 07/22/2011 09:00:02 MDT Print View

Jared,
I did use the "like Omni-Tape" product from Quest. It is quite soft and holds well. I had debated about the center drawcord, but it was the right choice. And frankly it was easier too. I attached the channels before sewing the quilt layers together, which means that the top and sides of the channel disappear into quilt seams. John described this to me and it worked well. The shame is that after making those two I'm getting the hang of it and want to make a couple more!

Troy Ammons
(tammons) - F - M
MYOG Quilt on 07/22/2011 09:42:59 MDT Print View

Interesting.

I just made almost the exact same quilt.
Looks a lot the same, except I did anchored line locks and used taffeta M90.