Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
SeaBear Smoked Salmon Super Discount
Display Avatars Sort By:
Tim & Shell
(McCargoe) - F
SeaBear Smoked Salmon Super Discount on 07/20/2011 00:30:14 MDT Print View

Hey Guys,

Lately I've been tasting a variety of backpacking foods to try to find some of the best food to eat while on the trail. I bumped into this place while doing a search, and thought some of the stuff looked really good, but I was hesistant on trying it due to the price. Turns out I wrote the company a letter telling them about how we as backpackers search for food that tickles our tastes buds, but how we are leary about shelling out the cash to try new things since they are often times expensive and are more often times carboard-like it taste. I asked the Vice President if I could get any discounts on their items and she wrote me back stating that she would gladly provide me with a 50% off code that she would generate in the next coming days. A couple of days went by, and she contacted me with the code. She was also even so kind as to tell me that I could share the code with any backpacking communities or forums I am part of. Therefore, I am offering everypme the opporunity to try some new things at a discounted price. You can visit the company's website at www.seabear.com The promotional code that was given to me was HIKE. It will knock $10 off when you spend $20 or more. Not a bad deal considering that they have some nice smoked samlon products and salmon jerky. Yum! I just put in my order today so good luck with finding some things on the site that grab your interest. I hope everyonce enjoys.

P.S. The Ready-to-Eat Pouch section would probably be a good place to start or if you want to jump straight to the jerky section here is a link: http://www.seabear.com/catalog/Product/Salmon%20appetizers/33/Smoked+Salmon+Jerky.aspx

Edited by McCargoe on 07/20/2011 00:35:47 MDT.

Kendall Clement
(socalpacker) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
RE: "SeaBear Smoked Salmon Super Discount" on 07/20/2011 00:49:11 MDT Print View

Thanks guys! I'll check it out.

Will Webster
(WillWeb) - M
Alaskan Salmon on 07/20/2011 00:56:11 MDT Print View

Thanks for posting that, Tim. I enjoy salmon but only buy wild salmon from Alaska, since it's the most sustainable fishery according to Seafood Watch (http://www.montereybayaquarium.org/cr/SeafoodWatch/web/sfw_factsheet.aspx?gid=17). I can find Chicken of the Sea smoked Alaskan smoked salmon locally, but the non-smoked and ready-to-eat meals at SeaBear look great. I noticed that if you scroll down on the "Nutrition" tab when looking at the meals you can see the ingredients; looks like the same stuff I would add at home.

Leigh Baker
(leighb) - F

Locale: Northeast Texas Pineywoods
re:"SeaBear Smoked Salmon Super Discount" on 07/20/2011 06:40:17 MDT Print View

I agree with Will's first statement, and thanks so much for the info, I'll check it out too.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: SeaBear Smoked Salmon Super Discount on 07/20/2011 07:03:27 MDT Print View

I buy SeaBear products from my local organic grocer. Good stuff. I like the jerky, though it's a bit tough. They make a great white bean and salmon chowder - I usually have a couple pouches of that in the house for those nights when I just want a quick, tasty hot chowder, followed by some nice hot cocoa (made with coconut milk). Mmmmmmm.

Sarah Kirkconnell
(sarbar) - F

Locale: In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
Re: SeaBear Smoked Salmon Super Discount on 07/20/2011 08:41:24 MDT Print View

Seabear is a Washington institution. If you are ever on Fidalgo Island getting ready to go out to the San Juan Islands you should into their store in town.

I might add that REI does carry some of their stuff locally......

Eric Blumensaadt
(Danepacker) - MLife

Locale: Mojave Desert
THANKS! on 07/20/2011 21:28:01 MDT Print View

I love smoked fish (esp. W/ beer). And the chowder is another great fav of mine.

Rick Dreher
(halfturbo) - MLife

Locale: Northernish California
Re: SeaBear Smoked Salmon Super Discount on 07/20/2011 21:51:37 MDT Print View

Awesome, I tote their packaged fish all the time and construct many meals around it. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Rick

David W.
(Davidpcvsamoa) - MLife

Locale: East Bay, CA
Re: Re: SeaBear Smoked Salmon Super Discount on 07/20/2011 22:39:00 MDT Print View

The flavored salmon meals in a pouch sound great with some rice, noodles or couscous. Thank you kindly for sharing.

Scott Truong
(elf773)

Locale: Vancouver, BC
RE: SeaBear Smoked Salmon Super Discount on 07/21/2011 01:13:42 MDT Print View

Excellent. Thanks for the link. Funny, I just drove through Anacortes (where SeaBear is located) a week ago for the first time (ferry to San Juans). Turns out it's an hour or so away from my house.

I'll have to take their smokehouse tour. Thanks for the info, seems like hi quality stuff.

Sarah Kirkconnell
(sarbar) - F

Locale: In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
Re: RE: SeaBear Smoked Salmon Super Discount on 07/21/2011 09:49:31 MDT Print View

I lived on Whidbey for around 13 or so years.....Fidalgo was my winter hiking grounds and I had many a friend who worked for Seabear.

Tim Zen
(asdzxc57) - F

Locale: MI
Re: SeaBear Smoked Salmon Super Discount on 07/21/2011 19:41:44 MDT Print View

Thank you! Tired of tuna. Bored of beans. Salivating over salmon.

Eddy Walker
(Ewker)

Locale: southeast
Re: SeaBear Smoked Salmon Super Discount on 07/22/2011 08:31:25 MDT Print View

Just ordered me some of the foil packs. thanks for posting this

Tim & Shell
(McCargoe) - F
Just in cased you missed this :) on 08/01/2011 12:15:35 MDT Print View

Bump

David W.
(Davidpcvsamoa) - MLife

Locale: East Bay, CA
Groupon for Seabear on 08/03/2011 20:36:23 MDT Print View

$25.00 for $50.00

Seabear Salmon

Enjoy.

Edited by Davidpcvsamoa on 08/03/2011 23:02:02 MDT.

Dan Durston
(dandydan) - M

Locale: Cascadia
Shipping on 08/12/2011 20:48:07 MDT Print View

Too bad they don't ship outside the USA. Their products look great.