Forum Index » Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New England ultralight weekend!

Display Avatars Sort By:
Ryan Linn
(ryan.c.linn)

Locale: Maine!
Re: Friday on 10/19/2011 19:17:08 MDT Print View

Greg, I get out of work in Peterborough at 5, then it takes about 2 hours to get to Northampton... I'll probably be driving myself down to the gathering, unless you're leaving quite late.

Did the Western BPL Weekend get as goofy in the pre-trip stages as this one is? Because this group already seems to be getting a little insane :)

Brian UL
(MAYNARD76)

Locale: New England
Re: Re: Friday on 10/20/2011 00:33:19 MDT Print View

Unfortunately it looks like I will not be able to go. I was going to cancel a prior engagement, but it looks like cancellation is not an option.
I really wanted to get another fall trip in too...

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Friday on 10/20/2011 07:55:30 MDT Print View

Did the Western BPL Weekend get as goofy in the pre-trip stages as this one is? Because this group already seems to be getting a little insane :)

What do you think? Californians...

tommy d
(vinovampire) - F
Re: Sage's Ravine on 10/20/2011 08:10:17 MDT Print View

I noticed this recent post of Views from the Top regarding Sage's Ravine. I'm not sure if it will impact your plans, but I thought I should pass it along.

http://www.viewsfromthetop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41960

Also, enjoy the weekend! I wish I was joining all of you this weekend, but I'm just noticing this thread now and I already have a little trip planned for the weekend in the mountains. I'd love to meet up with a group of BPL members in the future, maybe further north in VT, NH, or ME.

I look forward to reading about the weekend and some pictures! Have fun!

Bryce F.
(bster13) - MLife

Locale: Norwalk, CT
Modified the map for everyone on 10/20/2011 13:26:14 MDT Print View

This is the area we'll be hiking if you don't already have a map to print out:
http://www.imageno.com/crefhath8lzmpic.html

Miriam Stein
(mstein1000) - F
Tony Wong Contact Info on 10/20/2011 13:33:30 MDT Print View

Hello BPL,

Sorry to bust in on your forum but have a great time in New England. Used to live there and love it.

Can anyone help me get in touch with Tony Wong? I see he posted here yesterday and I'm trying to track him down because I'd like to license a few of his photos for a National Geographic book about hiking.

Tony if you see this, please email me at mstein1000@aol.com. I promise this is for real. You're impossible to find!

Thanks!
Miriam

Clint Hewitt
(WalkSoftly33) - F

Re: I'd like to join in on 10/20/2011 18:55:42 MDT Print View

Eric

Im not in Maine right now have been doing some work in Western Mass otherwise I would have been more then happy to give you a ride. Sorry it took a while for me to respond I have not had access to a computer traveling.

I look foward to meeting every one, seeing some gear and getting some hiking in.

I love sages ravine have done the hike multiple time, would hike over there but as Bryce said getting out would be difficult back to the cars would be difficult. There are only a few parking spots available at the trail head near there. Also New trails are always good to step on. Im up for anything

Haha, Intimacy kits made me think of this commercial.

"As spices go I find nutmeg to be under utilized"

"hmm... Nutmeg, wonderful spice"

Philip Werner
(earlylite) - F

Where are we staying again Friday Night? on 10/20/2011 20:26:44 MDT Print View

Are we meeting at the campsite off the Alander Trail then? The one just up from park headquarters.

I'm bringing Ben.
Philip

Bryce F.
(bster13) - MLife

Re: Where are we staying again Friday Night? on 10/20/2011 20:40:58 MDT Print View

http://www.imageno.com/crefhath8lzmpic.html

Parking at Forest Headquarters near Hunts Pond, then hiking ~3mi W/NE in on the Alander Mt. Trail to that first/only marked campsite marker (the marker is right under the words "Alander Mt. Trail" on the trail map).

Philip Werner
(earlylite) - F

Camping on 10/20/2011 20:45:53 MDT Print View

cool - thanks for confirming.

Konrad .
(Konrad1013) - MLife
Sorry guys! on 10/20/2011 21:13:15 MDT Print View

I'm really sorry guys, but I don't think I can make it out to this one. Unfortunately, I've been catching a cold all week, and I'm afraid that going out this weekend will make it worse. I hope you guys have a blast, and keep this idea alive for the upcoming seasons. I'll catch you guys next time! Stay safe and have fun out there! Oh, and lots of pictures!

Steven Adeff
(TinCanFury) - F

Locale: Boston
Boston Rides on 10/20/2011 21:32:50 MDT Print View

@Greg @Ryan
looks like it would be the three of us. I'm going to drive, so I can pick you both up. It sounds like Ryan will be there around 7(?), so if Greg and I leave Boston around 5 we'd meet him around 7 and then another 2hrs to the parking spot near Hunts Pond. Greg, if you get out and want to T over to my place? (I'm near Coolidge Corner) we can avoid driving through the city.

Greg Pehrson
(GregPehrson) - MLife

Locale: playa del caballo blanco
Rides on 10/21/2011 06:03:13 MDT Print View

That sounds great Steven. I can get to you around 4:30. Thanks.

Bryce F.
(bster13) - MLife

That was epic... on 10/23/2011 10:31:32 MDT Print View

So much fun, can't wait to see the pics and do it again!

Philip Werner
(earlylite) - F

Very Good Time on 10/23/2011 14:14:12 MDT Print View

Really a good time. Thanks for organizing/instigating Bryce!

Pete Anderson
(hosaphone) - F

Locale: Boston-ish, MA
+1 on 10/23/2011 15:43:39 MDT Print View

So.... Who's around next weekend?

Ryan Linn
(ryan.c.linn)

Locale: Maine!
Re: That was epic... on 10/23/2011 15:53:09 MDT Print View

Indeed! Working on trip report and getting the photos together. But with those three thirty-mile days we all did, it's hard to remember all the details.

Bryce F.
(bster13) - MLife

Report on 10/23/2011 16:30:12 MDT Print View

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=54971

Steven Adeff
(TinCanFury) - F

for those watching this thread, on 10/25/2011 10:13:11 MDT Print View

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=55053

Steven Adeff
(TinCanFury) - F

Thank You, Mr Anderson! on 10/27/2011 21:52:36 MDT Print View

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCFZs7b18yU