Forum Index » Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Sequoia/Kings Canyon

Display Avatars Sort By:
Travis Martin
(marvinartist) - F
Sequoia/Kings Canyon on 07/15/2011 21:10:50 MDT Print View

I'm planning a solo trip to Sequoia starting around August 1, coming from the Bay area. My permit hasn't been approved yet but my first choice was Wolverton trailhead, second and third choices were woods and bubbs creek and doing the rae lakes loop.

My brother cancelled on me so I have room on my permit for another person. Full disclosure, I'm not an ultralight backpacker. I have heavy, bulky gear. I'm not that hardcore. But i'm easy-going and self sufficient.

Let me know if you have any interest in tagging along for a few days.
I'm 28, in case that matters.

Yuri R
(Yazon) - F
Would love to on 07/16/2011 14:16:51 MDT Print View

I would love to join you... as I'm probably in the same category (gear/skill/age wise) and can even take time off at work, but we are expecting our first child and I just can't leave wife alone for the next few weeks (due first week of august or so).

Maybe around September though we could team up.

James Winstead
(James_W) - M

Locale: CA
Perhaps... on 07/16/2011 18:34:29 MDT Print View

Travis,

I'd be interested if the timing works out. I'm sort of limited to a weekend only timeline, so maybe I can stick around for the beginning of a longer hike. I just started a new job and vacation days are sparse.

I'm a similar hiker it seems. My base weight is probably 12ish lbs. I can do somewhat-high mileage days, but if i'm up in the mountains spend a lot of time sitting and enjoying. I have a car so we could possibly go splits on gas, or if our timing works out to be different drive separate, I'm open to whatever.

Shoot me a pm if your interested.

Travis Martin
(marvinartist) - F
Don't know how to PM on 07/17/2011 00:27:01 MDT Print View

Hey. That'd be great if our days line up right so that we can hook up for a while out in Sequoia. I'm going mid-week though, because it was easier to get a permit. I will post the details of my permit when I get approval for it.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1902815

Thats me, if you want to have some idea who you're talking to.

Travis Martin
(marvinartist) - F
Permit details on 07/21/2011 14:30:30 MDT Print View

So I got my permit yesterday. It starts at Alta trailhead and goes from 7-31 to 8-5. Is anybody going to be out there during these times?

Myles Murphy
(mmurphy) - F

Locale: Presidio
still nedd partner on 07/28/2011 15:11:34 MDT Print View

46 year old.. easy going i think... Did PCT once. Not too ultra light..
In no hurry to do big miles... but big ok also. Am off for next two weeks.
Can drive email or call me mymurphy@sbcglobal.net 4158101111