No Cook Meal Plans
Display Avatars Sort By:
Joey Dawson
(inabag) - F

Locale: Northern VA
No Cook Meal Plans on 07/14/2011 13:56:46 MDT Print View

I am thinking about going stoveless for an upcoming 4-5 day trip through SNP. I will have numerous opportunities to grab hot grub in the park. I don't drink Coffee, and I don't have a strong need for hot food.

Breakfast and lunch are no problem for me, I will rely on bars/cheese/jerky/etc for those meals, but I would like to eat something more complex for dinner. Looking for a couple good/easy/healthy? options for no cook meals.

Thanks!

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: No Cook Meal Plans on 07/14/2011 14:14:57 MDT Print View

I hope this one doesn't sound stupid. I've tried it.

First of all, start with Quinoa. At home, cook it and dehydrate it so that it is now Instant Quinoa. Put about 4-6 ounces of that in a ziploc bag.

Buy a package of Hormel Bacon Pieces. It is shelf-stable, and the package is 2.5 or 3 ounces. Throw away the oxygen absorber packet and dump the bacon into the first bag.

Buy a frozen package of chopped spinach. Flop it on a tray in a dehydrator. When it is done, you should have a big pile of small green flakes. Put at least a tablespoon or two of the flakes into the first bag.

On the trail or in camp, dump in some sterile water to double the volume of the mix. Let stand for at least 30 minutes, and then eat.

--B.G.--

Laurie Ann March
(Laurie_Ann) - F

Locale: Ontario, Canada
no cook food on 07/15/2011 12:44:20 MDT Print View

there are some recipes here...

no-cook trail lunch and some could translate well into dinner fare. Bumping up the olive oil will add needed calories.