A couple years ago I did a lot of tests with different silicone sealers mixed with mineral spirits, and found that they all lost more than half their adhesive properties when mixed with the mineral spirits. Had the same results with using camp stove fuel. There was fair to good adhesion of patches without the spirit or fuel, but patches just peeled right off easily with the spirit or fuel mixtures.
I've had good luck lately with the Sea to Summit distributed product named Ultra Seam Sil that I found in a local shop. It is very flowable, when new anyway, and leaves a nice clear cover on the seams that looks almost as good as a very thin clear tape when done neatly.
GE also makes a silicone glue that bonds patches much better than any other silicone product I've found, so I've used it to bond reinforcement patches to corners, without the need for stitching. It is available on the net. Haven't tried it as a sealant.
The biggest annoyance are the brushes that come with the sealants. They quickly wear out and spread too much to do a neat job. I'll be looking around for very small tipped stiff brushes that hold their point. I like these better than foam, because I like to work the sealant well into the seams.
Hope this is helpful.