November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
becoming a complete punter
Display Avatars Sort By:
larry savage
(pyeyo) - F

Locale: pacific northwest
becoming a complete punter on 12/01/2006 10:41:25 MST Print View

I am struggling with posting on the BB for fear of becoming a complete punter.
I think I have some information to share based on real experience but what I've noticed is a thread about beryilium coffee pots appears and some synaptic cleft switches and "typipty type type" I have spilled what little I think I know about the periodic chart of alkaline earth metals spews forth.
If the rule that 95% of everything is crapola holds true then I really only have 5% worth contributing, the difficulty is winnowing that 5% and resisting the urge to post the smelly stuff.
The real lesson for me in lightening my wilderness burden is to reverse the trend that Oscar Wilde spoke of, we know the cost of everything and the value of nothing. To simplify what I need to travel the wilderness heightens my experiences exponentially and this will always be about the wilderness experience for me and not the gear. I hope I can reflect this in my future posts.
Is this the 95% or the 5%?

paul johnson
(pj) - F

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest
Re: becoming a complete punter on 12/01/2006 11:08:52 MST Print View

the 5%, not that i necessarily agree that the other 95% belongs precisely in the category that you place it.

i happen to read all of your posts and appreciate the humor. but, hey..., that's just me.

most of the time, maybe combine both into a single post? [i know. this is sort of like the pot calling the kettle black.]

thanks for posting your concern. i need to go think on it now myself.