Forum Index » Post-Trip Reports » Solo on the Lost Coast, 6/23...

Display Avatars Sort By:
Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Solo on the Lost Coast, 6/23... on 07/10/2011 13:54:19 MDT Print View

Trip report is here:
Sweeping the Garden: The Lost Coast

Edited by xnomanx on 07/12/2011 23:36:31 MDT.

David Lutz
(davidlutz)

Locale: Bay Area
"Solo on the Lost Coast, 6/23..." on 07/10/2011 22:56:31 MDT Print View

Weird......I wrote this and thought I clicked "Post Message" like normal and my post seemed to disappear. I'll write it again and if they both show up, sorry about that.

First off, excellent trip report.

My son attends SFSU and lives right on Haight Street a couple of blocks from Buena Vista Park. Pretty sketchy from a parental point of view. He's a pretty sharp kid, we're confident he'll be alright. I'm actually glad the area is becoming gentrified.

I appreciate that you listened to what your body and mind were telling you and adjusted your trip accordingly.

The next time I do the Lost Coast I'll do an out-and-back from the far northern end at Matolle. That's my favorite part.

Kronos Master of Fate
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Solo on the Lost Coast, 6/23... on 07/11/2011 06:20:56 MDT Print View

Good report Craig. Motivation is a funny thing. That beach walking is hard... Really puts another spin on the phrase, a walk on the beach, doesn't it? It'll be there for you next time.

HK Newman
(hknewman) - MLife

Locale: Western US
Lost Coast on 07/11/2011 10:22:53 MDT Print View

Thanks for posting. The Lost Coast area is on my "to do" list and from your pics, it looks like conditions stay pretty much the same year-round (green and fairly wet).

Chris Moore
(SoreFeet) - F

Locale: PNW
beach hikes on 07/11/2011 13:09:22 MDT Print View

On our to do list. Thanks for the report and pictures. One of the hardest hikes I've done was a 10m round trip at Dungeness Spit in WA. No elevation (unless you count the stairs in the lighthouse) but slogging through sand on an 80+ degree day without a breeze and insufficient water was brutal.

George Matthews
(gmatthews) - MLife
Re: Solo on the Lost Coast, 6/23... on 07/12/2011 19:35:20 MDT Print View

Well written. Excellent pictures. Really interesting.

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Re: Re: Solo on the Lost Coast, 6/23... on 07/12/2011 20:39:11 MDT Print View

Thank you everyone, can't wait to get back up there in the future.

Brian Camprini
(bcamprini) - MLife

Locale: Southern Appalachians
Re: Re: Re: Solo on the Lost Coast, 6/23... on 07/12/2011 20:41:23 MDT Print View

This sounds like a great trip. Would love to make it over there one of these days. Any suggestions on the best time of year?