Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
FS: Climashield APEX Quilt (Extremely warm winter quilt)
Display Avatars Sort By:
Huzefa Siamwala
(huzefa) - M
FS: Climashield APEX Quilt (Extremely warm winter quilt) on 07/07/2011 23:17:41 MDT Print View

Its a very warm piece of kit designed for my Himalayan expedition. My comfort estimate is -10F but can be pushed much lower if you have a warm down jacket.

Specifications
Insulation: 2 layers of 6oz Climashield APEX insulation.
Clo: 9.82 (12 X 0.82)
Shell: Grey 1.1 nylon
Total weight: 44.5oz
Dimensions: 78"X 59"W (flat)

Construction
The quilt was designed by me with help with sewing part. A pocket of the outer shell fabric was first made. The insulation was hand quilted to one of the wrong side of shell pocket at the the edges. Then the pocket was turned inside out. And sewn on outside with one inch margin in order to stabilize the edges.

Price $250. Includes shipping worldwide. Payment by paypal.
Note: I will consider reasonable offers. So you may send a best offer.

q1
q4
q2
q3

Henry Blake
(Dragon) - F

Locale: Minnesota
Himalayan Expedition on 07/09/2011 22:03:51 MDT Print View

Did you go on your expedition? Are you going to give us a trip report? Let us know the link.

Huzefa Siamwala
(huzefa) - M
Re: FS: Climashield APEX Quilt (Extremely warm winter quilt) on 07/11/2011 06:30:52 MDT Print View

***price reduced to $200***

Yes, I did go on the expedition. But I am so busy with college, that I cant find time to write a trip report. I will try posting some pics though.

Henry Blake
(Dragon) - F

Locale: Minnesota
Himalayan Photos on 07/11/2011 11:33:22 MDT Print View

We'll be awaiting your photos. Be sure to leave a link here to tell us where they are posted. Then when you get a break from school, we'll expect your trip report. We will be looking forward to it.

Huzefa Siamwala
(huzefa) - M
Re: FS: Climashield APEX Quilt (Extremely warm winter quilt) on 07/20/2011 08:28:44 MDT Print View

***price reduced*** $175. This is 3 time warmer than MLD quilt. This price hardly compensates for my time. Only for shipping and materials and labor.

hunter nelson
(hunt4car) - F
Trade? on 11/21/2011 12:33:18 MST Print View

I really need a bag really bad I lost mine during this...http://www.columbian.com/news/2011/aug/02/Teen-survival-coast-guard-cliff-fall-gorge/
The helicopter blew it away, I had placed it on my friend because he was in shock :p
anyways, I don’t have much to offer but I did some work for a guy and in return he bought me an I pod touch, I have not even turned it on and I would be able to pay shipping on the bag and I pod. I was wondering if you would be interested in a trade. It seems like a fair one to me, just depends on if you’re interested.

Hunter Nelson

Here is a link to what I have http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipod/family/ipod_touch?afid=p219%7CMSUS&cid=AOS-US-KWM

Huzefa Siamwala
(huzefa) - M
Re: Trade? on 11/21/2011 18:15:24 MST Print View

Hi Hunter, thanks for your interest. I would like to suggest an alternative. Why don't you try selling your iPod. You can then pay me why paypal. I already have an iPhone.
Regards, Huzefa