Nice project. Here's mine:
I obtained the same poles from my local WM, and decided to make 2 sets of poles with them. They're cheap, and somewhat light, so why not? I also decided to make one pole of each pair into a monopod.
For the foam grips, I ordered the 0.5" ID grips. Since the poles are about 0.6" OD, these fit snugly, without any glue. I just put some dish soap inside the grip, and slid/twisted it on. There was some residual soap that I needed to hose out of the pole, but not too bad. For the monopod, I got a bolt, nut (1/4"-20 thread) and washer, and used gorilla glue to adhere the threaded plate to the inside of the top of the pole, inverted it, and let the glue set.
I tried using one of those expanding rubber nuts, but it didn't secure down well enough for my liking. Also, I had issues with the longevity of using a nylon nut as well.
In the end, it's about 15oz per pair. Not much lighter than other store-bought aluminum poles, but certainly a lot cheaper.