Locale: Montana
We're Going to Disneyland! on 07/05/2011 18:36:02 MDT Print View

Companion forum thread to:

We're Going to Disneyland!

Luke Schmidt
(Cameron) - MLife

Locale: The WOODS
Wow on 07/05/2011 20:08:10 MDT Print View

Wow Eric sounds like Sunshine is a real trooper. Its fun when I kids gets into backpacking with you ain't it. Congradulations and good luck, I hope you two have a great rest of the summer. Loved the article!

David Chenault
(DaveC) - BPL Staff - F

Locale: Crown of the Continent
disneyland on 07/05/2011 20:09:47 MDT Print View

A
W
E
S
O
M
E

!

Phillip Senter
(triggerracing) - F
Trail Name Appropriate on 07/05/2011 21:08:34 MDT Print View

Wow, 19 sponsors and you then added a Paypal Donation Button, dude, you do have "balls".

Warren Greer
(WarrenGreer) - F

Locale: SoCal
Awesome!!!! on 07/05/2011 21:35:58 MDT Print View

I have truly enjoyed following your story. It is an inspiration to me. Eric, you wrote "We were meant to be surrounded by the beauty and peace of creation and the ones we love, not have our souls crushed by a greedy, heartless boss." and I agree whole-heartedly. Is it any wonder that we all love and want to spend so much time in creation where we find peace and comfort when we realize that creation is the essence of God? You both are in my prayers and I can't wait to find out where you've been and what you've seen next. Balls and Sunshine, good walkin' to ya.

Thanks to all the sponsors that have made this trip possible. Really.

Roman Vazhnov
(joarr) - MLife

Locale: Russia
Awesome on 07/06/2011 04:35:04 MDT Print View

Awesome! I missed the previous part, need to find it now.

Edited by joarr on 07/06/2011 04:39:37 MDT.

Luke Schmidt
(Cameron) - MLife

Locale: The WOODS
Cool on 07/06/2011 07:00:01 MDT Print View

I somehow missed the first article so I went back and reread it. Wow Eric you are one cool dad. I appreciate how you want to pour into both your daughters. Having spent most of my adult life dealing with kids in one way or another I can tell you it makes a huge difference when adults make their kids a priority whether its backpacking trips or trips to Disney! I can spend a day or two around a fews kids at camp or wherever and tell you exactly which kids have parents who pour into their kids and which kids have parents who don't. Sounds like your getting yours off on the right track and having a blast doing it. Good luck on the trail!

Andy Schill
(Aschill) - F
great on 07/06/2011 08:28:31 MDT Print View

Absolutely Fantastic! I cannot wait to read the rest.

obx hiker
(obxcola) - MLife

Locale: Outer Banks of North Carolina
We're Going to Disneyland! on 07/06/2011 13:29:55 MDT Print View

Picked up this thru-hiker Erin's journal from High Sierra where it was posted relative to current conditions. She seems to be hiking on the same schedule with Sunshine and has a few Sunshine stories and photos. Sunshine seems to be living up to her trail-name!

http://erinspctjournal.blogspot.com/2011_06_01_archive.html

Jacob Rose
(jarose89) - F
Congrats! on 07/06/2011 20:26:29 MDT Print View

Jake Rabbit here! Wow I'm honored to have met both of you last year. Keep up the good work, I wish I was on the trail again this year.

kristy timmons
(mom2stars) - F
Very impressive!!:) on 07/07/2011 08:54:21 MDT Print View

I loved reading this! So well written and so inspiring!!! Miss you guys and we all hope to see you when get a bit further north. Logan says hi to ya Sunshine and misses you.

Warren Greer
(WarrenGreer) - F

Cola, thanks on 07/07/2011 18:12:30 MDT Print View

For the link to Erins blog. I've been there and read up on her hike and got to see Balls and Sunshine (feels funny writing that!) and really enjoyed it. Thanks again for posting the link.

Everett Vinzant
(wn7ant) - MLife

Locale: CDT
Re: Trail Name Appropriate on 07/08/2011 06:55:48 MDT Print View

Did you miss the part where he says, "in response to all the questions about donations?"

Warren Greer
(WarrenGreer) - F

Ya on 07/10/2011 18:37:05 MDT Print View

But cha' can't blame a guy for tryin'.

John Martin
(snapyjohn) - M

Locale: Pacific NW
Worlds best dad. on 07/11/2011 01:20:06 MDT Print View

Incredible, you are an inspiration and your daughter even more so.

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Update on 07/11/2011 10:38:37 MDT Print View

Thanks for the update.
I have avoided this thread because it had the word Disneyland in it; glad I finally got curious enough to find out it was about you guys...Such a nice read, such a nice adventure. Thanks!

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Trail Name Appropriate on 07/11/2011 10:46:31 MDT Print View

"Wow, 19 sponsors and you then added a Paypal Donation Button, dude, you do have "balls"."

Wow, your very first post on these forums is to disparage someone doing something very cool. It's a rather different part of the body I'd associate with you dude, rhymes with "no class"......

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
+1 on 07/11/2011 10:57:36 MDT Print View

Yeah Doug. I was going to say something too, but wanted to leave a positive note instead....I am glad they are getting a lot of support and inspire so many people.
Thanks Balls and Sunshine and all your sponsors and supporters.

Damien Tougas
(dtougas) - BPL Staff - F

Locale: Gaspé Peninsula
Inspirational on 07/15/2011 17:55:49 MDT Print View

This is inspirational. I have a dream of doing a thru-hike with my whole family one day...