Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
First Official UL List (be gentle)
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jon Franklin
(Junto01) - F
First Official UL List (be gentle) on 07/05/2011 12:44:16 MDT Print View

Hi guys, I've been gravitating towards UL for a while now but this is my first official list i'm submitting to the BPL elders. I live in socal and I typically hike 2-3 nighters from spring to summer in the sierras as well as the san bernardino mountains and the los padres national forest. I avoid rain as much as possible and I hike no more than 10 miles per day. My modus operandi is to hike to secluded streams, setup camp and spend the rest of the day exploring and fishing with just a day pack. This is what I have "geared" my gear list towards.

This is my first time doing the google doc thing so I hope it works!

https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?hl=en_US&key=tLKJt1o7YKnwsxLdO4foU9A&hl=en_US#gid=0

Rob Vandiver
(ShortBus)

Locale: So Cal
Error on 07/05/2011 12:46:53 MDT Print View

Nevermind, fixed.

Edited by ShortBus on 07/05/2011 12:47:40 MDT.

Jon Franklin
(Junto01) - F
Sorry, fixed it on 07/05/2011 12:48:34 MDT Print View

Thanks for the heads up, it's fixed now...I think.

Mike Clelland
(mikeclelland) - MLife

Locale: The Tetons (via Idaho)
insights / feedback on 07/06/2011 13:36:04 MDT Print View

1) Once you finish your first meal, or your first bag of snacks, you'll have a bag for trash, no need to pack another one.

2) HEFTY bag for pack weighs 2.2 ounces, if you are using a HEFTY trash COMPACTOR bag as a full waterproofing system.

-

NIX the daypack! Put all your gear in your HEFTY bag, and use your Mariposa Plus.

NIX the TP, no need.

-

QUESTIONS:
-----------------------------
a) Where is your cook gear?

b) how do you sleep on the GG Sleeplite? (just curious)

c) whew are you hiking where

Rick Burtt
(rburtt) - MLife
One question on 07/18/2011 11:56:26 MDT Print View

Why do you need both a tarp and a bivy?

Link .
(annapurna) - MLife
Re: One question on 07/18/2011 12:09:57 MDT Print View

His bivy is a lightweight water resistant(not waterproof)one, so if it rained long or hard enough he would eventually get wet.The tarp he is using is a poncho(doubles as a rain jacket) that isn't all that big if it were raining hard enough he could get wet from rain blowing or splattering off the ground but with a water resistant bivy it would prevent this.

Edited by annapurna on 07/18/2011 12:59:03 MDT.