Forum Index » GEAR » Please help - Snow Peak Gigapower stove temperature control stopped working

Display Avatars Sort By:
Josh owen
(azjosho) - F
Please help - Snow Peak Gigapower stove temperature control stopped working on 07/04/2011 16:48:08 MDT Print View

At least I can turn the gas on and off but that's it. This is a fairly new unit too. Anyone have this issue before and know how to repair it? I took out the control and spindle unit and put it back in but other than that I'm clueless.

Thanks

Hikin' Jim
(hikin_jim)

Locale: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Re: Please help - Snow Peak Gigapower stove temperature control stopped working on 07/05/2011 15:45:04 MDT Print View

Not quite sure what you mean. If the gas on/off valve works, isn't that all the control you need in terms of the temperature? Normally, I open the valve wide if I want a hot flame and turn it down if I want less heat. Or does the gas just barely come on, and that's it?

HJ

Al Nichols
(everready) - F

Locale: Sh!^^% Ohio
More info please on 07/05/2011 16:00:51 MDT Print View

Josh,

You really need to add some details to your post. Did it malfunction before or after you took it apart?

Charles G.
(Rincon) - M

Locale: Desert Southwest
Please help - Snow Peak Gigapower stove temperature control stopped working" on 07/05/2011 16:04:06 MDT Print View

You should be able to adjust the flame all the way from a bare simmer to a full throttle roar. If you can't then there is something wrong with the stove valve and the manufacturer should make the problem good; especially with a fairly new stove. I would contact SnowPeak customer service, explain the problem and see what they have to say.

Josh owen
(azjosho) - F
Sorry for the brief description and thanks to those of you that have replied. on 07/05/2011 23:13:52 MDT Print View

The stove is either at full blast or off. It stays at full blast no matter what position the valve handle is in. I only took it apart after it stopped working correctly.

Was just hoping this was a common fix that someone had experience with. I've got an email out to Snow Peak and we will see what they say... coincidently their US headquarters are just a few miles from my house ha.