Forum Index » On the Web » Hendrik on Kickstarter!

Display Avatars Sort By:
Devin Montgomery
(dsmontgomery) - MLife

Locale: one snowball away from big trouble
Hendrik on Kickstarter! on 07/04/2011 11:15:03 MDT Print View

Check it out - Hendrik Morkel of Hiking in Finland is making a video guide to ultralight backpacking - Ultralight A-Z! I helped him get it up on Kickstarter (starting a project is limited to US residents, but backing a project is not!), but all the funding is going to help Hendrik make the series.

I've always liked Hendrik's stuff and think a DVD of the series would make an excellent gift if there's someone you're trying to get into UL - there's also a digital download, and some cool Hiking in Finland t-shirts and stickers. There are even larger sponsorship opporunities for companies and organizations.

Aside from the rewards offered, I just think it's really important to help financially support guys like Hendrik who produce so much of the UL content we read every day.

Edited by dsmontgomery on 07/05/2011 09:41:59 MDT.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Hendrik on Kickstarter! on 07/05/2011 06:29:31 MDT Print View

Good job there you two. I'm onboard. This will be great. Educational and you know with Hendrik it will be entertaining as well.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: Hendrik on Kickstarter! on 07/11/2011 19:20:26 MDT Print View

Shameless promotional bump. For those of you who have not seen any of Hendrik's videos, you should.

Edit: 3 years later and less than half the episodes are finished. I've lost all respect for Hendrik in the way he has handled things in this regard.

Edited by kthompson on 05/09/2014 07:26:44 MDT.

Evan McCarthy
(evanrussia) - MLife

Locale: Northern Europe
Cool project on 07/11/2011 21:01:34 MDT Print View

Happy to support. Thanks for alerting us to Hendrik's project!

Hendrik Morkel
(skullmonkey) - MLife

Locale: Finland
Arigato! on 07/12/2011 03:08:57 MDT Print View

Thanks Ken, Evan and Devin for your support!

I posted a short first update with photos of the swag and explanations about it! Can't wait to start filming =)

Pilate de Guerre
(deGuerre) - F

Locale: SE, USA
Looking ahead on 07/17/2011 23:20:20 MDT Print View

Looking ahead to this series! I hope you get the funding you need.

Hendrik Morkel
(skullmonkey) - MLife

Update 2 on 07/20/2011 11:04:53 MDT Print View

Thanks Pilate!

Update Two is now online and looks at the topics to be covered.

There's still ten short days to back this project, and make it a reality! I'm certain that it will be of interest to a wide audience, and I'd be delighted to know that the BPL community is supporting me in this endeavor!

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Re: Hendrik on Kickstarter! on 07/20/2011 16:41:51 MDT Print View

Hendrik, I'd like to see you meet your goal comfortably before time's up. Come on people, kick down some dough!

Jolly Green Giant
(regultr) - MLife

Locale: www.jolly-green-giant.blogspot.com
Re: Re: Hendrik on Kickstarter! - Please Contribute on 07/20/2011 19:49:48 MDT Print View

I'd have to agree. This is a great project I too hope makes it. Hendrik is naturally hilarious and creative, not to mention he'll take it seriously and do it right. Who knows, this might be one of those things that educates the masses, brings more people out of their homes, and even show mainstream marketers that they can look into innovative fabrics and other materials without worrying that their bottom line won't be met.

Please contribute!

Hendrik Morkel
(skullmonkey) - MLife

5k and going! on 07/22/2011 07:36:56 MDT Print View

Thank you Ken and JGG for your continued support - I am very lucky to have you on my side!

We just broke the $5k and are going strongly towards the goal. With eight days to go it looks like we will reach the goal.

What makes me especially proud is the support from the cottages, Katabatic Gear, Locus Gear, Trail Designs, Mountain Laurel Designs and a few others are on board, supporting this community effort! I'm getting very excited, to say the least =)

Chris Hanson
(ChrisHanson) - F

Locale: Eastern Wyoming
Hendrik on Kickstarter-Support Your Fellow BPL Member on 07/22/2011 09:45:54 MDT Print View

Looking forward to your completed project. I enjoy your blog and check it regularly. I find your information both helpful and entertaining.

Glad to see Devin, a fellow entrepreneur and BPL member, and so many of the cottage industries (and so many other BPL members) supporting the project.

Just goes to show what a great gang of people gather here at BPL.

Good luck in your endeavor!

Edited by ChrisHanson on 07/22/2011 09:46:34 MDT.