British Columbia - 4 to 8 Day Backpacking Trip
Display Avatars Sort By:
L. R.
(tankdula) - F
British Columbia - 4 to 8 Day Backpacking Trip on 07/03/2011 20:37:43 MDT Print View

I'm female, non smoker, seeking hiking partner(s) for BC anytime from mid Aug to mid Sept. I'm particularly interested in the North Coast Trail but open to any trails. I'm in the Seattle area and would prefer you're located near Seattle or available to Skype for planning purposes.
No climbing or mountaineering, minimal scrambling if any. Moderate to strenuous terrain and easy to moderate pace. I tend to prefer hikes with a big payoff in terms of view, scenery and diverse wildlife. I like a bit of time along the way to snap photos. I'm not a grind nut seeking the most strenuous and harsh conditions to overcome, just for the bragging rights or personal record. That said, I do not complain about such conditions either.

I've backpacked in and around Sedona, Smoky Mountains and Patagonia. Am taking Wilderness First Aid in July. Please have prior multi-day backpacking experience, be good-natured and ready to enjoy the outdoors as well as one another's company.

Drop me a PM if interested.

Cheers

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: British Columbia - 4 to 8 Day Backpacking Trip on 07/03/2011 20:45:39 MDT Print View

Gosh, I'd be very interested! I've always wanted to backpack in BC, but I'll be in Germany from mid-August to mid-September.

Good luck in finding a backpacking partner, and write up a trip report when you're done so we can all enjoy the scenery!

Robert Cowman
(rcowman) - F

Locale: Canadian Rockies
Re: Re: British Columbia - 4 to 8 Day Backpacking Trip on 07/03/2011 22:06:59 MDT Print View

North coast trial is lacking in scenery(compared to the West coast) and is mostly boardwalk.

Cheek out the Nootka trail On the Island. or Strahcona park in the middle of the island

L. R.
(tankdula) - F
- on 07/04/2011 14:26:32 MDT Print View

@Douglas , will be sure to post a trip report!

@RC, I didn't mention the ever popular WCT as it's too crowded for my taste. I'll look into Nootka, thanks for the suggestion. If I can't find a partner, I have a buddy willing to do day hikes at Strathcona and Juan de Fuca.