Forum Index » GEAR » Tents that WERE made of eVENT

Display Avatars Sort By:
George Mills
(marienbad) - F
Tents that WERE made of eVENT on 07/03/2011 20:15:50 MDT Print View

I've read much of the postings about eVENT tents -- FYI eVENT tents were discontinued (except for small bivy's) because the fabric does not pass fire retardancy law.

I'm just interested in which tent models were ever produced in eVENT fabric -- I may want to buy one secondhand if at all possible.

Robert Cowman
(rcowman) - F - M

Locale: Canadian Rockies
Re: Tents that WERE made of eVENT on 07/03/2011 20:25:53 MDT Print View

integral designs tents

John Nausieda
(Meander) - MLife

Locale: PNW
150624896193150624896193 on 07/03/2011 20:49:31 MDT Print View

FYI: You may also want to go back to iterations using Goretex. I have 2,both Sierra Designs.John

carlos fernandez rivas
(pitagorin) - MLife

Locale: Galicia -Spain
event tent on 07/04/2011 02:28:00 MDT Print View

There is almost one full size event tent already in production.

The rab summit mountain biby ...

http://rab.uk.com/products/equipment/bivis/summit-mountain-bivi.html

Check the product details ;-)

Ken Nguyen
(ninjapuppet) - F - MLife

Locale: B-Town
Nemo Tenshi on 07/04/2011 02:39:51 MDT Print View

I slept in a friend's Nemo Tenshi over a 5 day camp, and at certain windless conditions there was still a very large amount of condensation with 2 people and open vents, so they are still not perfect.

As you know,the newer Tenshi dont use eVent anymore though.

Andy Dixon
(sideshowandy) - F - M
eVent tents.... on 07/04/2011 04:41:33 MDT Print View

i have one of the Rab bivy tents & yes in certain conditions they still experience condensation

however, this is not a major issue as I simply (carefully) fire up my gas stove for a short while & within a few minutes all condensation is driven out due to the fanstastic breathability of the eVent

Paul Hatfield
(clear_blue_skies) - F
eVent by any other name on 07/04/2011 05:20:46 MDT Print View

The Exped Polaris, which is still in production.

ed hyatt
(edhyatt) - MLife

Locale: The North; UK
Tents that WERE made of eVENT on 07/04/2011 11:13:16 MDT Print View

I've got a Rab Summit and was using it this weekend - on a summit.

Headroom is actually fine, I can sit up in it easily (I'm about 5'7"). Rab's 'published' measured height is to the top of the door, not the top of the tent.

Rab Summit

HK Newman
(hknewman) - MLife

Locale: Western US
Sarvis eVent on 07/04/2011 15:16:01 MDT Print View

I have a since discontinued Big Agnes Sarvis 1+ tent made of eVent. Luxury winter digs.

Edited by hknewman on 07/04/2011 15:17:04 MDT.

Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: Melbourne
Tents that WERE made of eVENT on 07/04/2011 16:32:31 MDT Print View

FYI eVENT tents were discontinued (except for small bivy's) because the fabric does not pass fire retardancy law.

Not exactly.
In 2004 GE acquired BHA Technologies,( the makers of eVent), and promptly put a 70cm /27.5" height limit to shelters made with that fabric.
In the meantime , RAB,Exped and Integral Design already had made and marketed shelters made with that material.
RAB and Exped still do, albeit using a different name for the same fabric, Integral Design I believe still does (trilaminate ePTFE) for the the military/government market.
(I had typed this yesterday, than changed my mind but following some of the other comments decided to post it)

There are several types of fabric that are not fire retardant and therefore cannot be sold in some states however they are sold retail where restrictions do not apply.
Franco